Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victor Frankenstein

• 06-06-2005 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone else go see this show in the Grand Parade? I'd like to know what others thought. Personally, I don't think Frankenstein is a great story to start with, and while the effects, lighting and stage show were excellent, I often felt like falling asleep due to the slow pace of the show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

yeah went on saturday night. I'd agree that the story isnt exactly hugely stimulating but I thought they carried it off very well with the music/lighting/effects.

I got some pictures of dubious quality... http://www.flickr.com/photos/rymus/sets/415463/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I saw it on Sunday and absolutely loved it. I was at the side nearest Library and had a fantastic view of everything. I wasn't bored for a moment, more enthralled at the way the story was presented. I love the the film version of Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein" with Kenneth Brannagh and Robert De Niro and thought this production was excellent. The special effects were fab, very earie, the music was perfect and I felt I was in an 80's time warp (my favourite era) as it sounded very Kraftwork/Oldfield/ ELO'ish at times. That scene where they hung the girl wrongly for her boyfriend's murder, I was right infront of her when they strung her up - and that chilled me to the bone. And why oh why did MACE have to leave their bright blue neon light on all night - it was a bit distracting at times.

The only negative side to the whole production from my point of view was being surrounded by selfish smokers, I hate them all. So now my lungs are safe in a public house - but not safe in a public street. And there were loads of young children there, on parents shoulders, in prams, talking loudly, this production was not suitable for children so young, it was on too late and therefore they were disruptive to the performance as they were bored.

I hope that if anyone is reading this and going to see "Merchant of Venice", that they live the kids and ciggies with the babysitter!!! Judes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I mut have been standing right next to you as that is where I was too. Right behind the screen when the maid got hung.

I'd agree with the comments on smokers and kids. Also I'm also barely 5ft, so I hate standing things like that, it's very hard to get a good view, and when you do, someone with a stetson will inevitably wander into your path

Oops I'm 5'11" and my mate is about 6'2" - so if we blocked your view - sorry! And for best view - always stand at the back! If you're looking for some fun light entertainment - go see "Bouncers" at the Everyman - if you haven't already - it's a really good laugh, I've seen it a few times now and never get bored by it. J

there was a photographer there that was about your height dudara.. I couldnt help but feel sorry for the poor fella... I'd say he might have gotten about half a dozen unobstructed photos all night. Definately not a show for the vertically challenged, especially when parents start putting their kids on their shoulders.

*runs away hastily before he gets a beating from dudara*

• Advertisement

I'll save the beatings for the guys in stetsons and the like. I'm unfortunately, more than well aware of the vertical challenges life presents me with.

But on the plus side - you never have to "duck" whilst walking along the street under low awnings, in Supermarkets under low flying specials signs, on buses, in public places where there's a low ceiling. And being of smaller stature, at least somebody might put you up on their shoulders too ......... OK - I win when it comes to stand up events! J

Judes wrote:
    somebody might put you up on their shoulders

Surely that'd be the final straw for any self respecting shortarse!

Hey I was trying to be positive - try entering my world of the overly vertically challenged - I've got a lot of bumps and bruises to prove it! And back to the main topic - anyone else see Victor Frank??? Have you got your tickets for Merchant of Venice? J

Nope, forgot to get them, so if anyone has two spare ones lying around, or can't go, please let me know.

• Advertisement

I may well be there photographing it so I'll see what I can do for you.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Judes wrote:
    Hey I was trying to be positive - try entering my world of the overly vertically challenged - I've got a lot of bumps and bruises to prove it! And back to the main topic - anyone else see Victor Frank??? Have you got your tickets for Merchant of Venice? J

Ha ? 5'11" isn't all that tall in fairness....though it does have the side effect of your eyes being at pointy-spikes-of-umbrella height on a wet day...

rymus wrote:
    I may well be there photographing it so I'll see what I can do for you.

If you can do anything, I'd appreciate it.

But Parsi - I'm talking 5'11" barefoot - when I'm in my heels - watch out world - well, actually it's more me watch out me - and "duck"!!! J

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Ah that explains it...

Advertisement