Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters- in your honour

Options
  • 06-06-2005 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

somehow i heard this on a pc that was in my house. ive only listened to the rock cd so far. it is very good. different tbh.
    listened to three of the acoustic songs. i already knew two of them. razor is a very very good song. friend of a friend was released years and years ago on dave grohls own pocketwatch tape when he was in nirvana. good song. and virginia moon has norah jones on it. very odd for a foos song.

i shall update when ive given it a proper few listens.

a similar post will be up about billy corgans album later too. have to listen to that also. these things just fell onto my pc. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I got it yesterday and only had 45 mins to listen to it.... Very dissapointing i must say. Especially if it's true what Dave says about it bein they're last album. Track 2 and The Best Of You are the best. The acoustic song with Taylor singing is good but I expected better drums cos dave was playin..

The acoustic stuff is very different to previous stuff like next year and for walking after you. There's no catchy, upbeat stuff like "See You". After hearing the album twice now, there's very little that stands out. There's no Riffs really on either cds. No catchy stuff like Monkey Wrench, Generator etc.

I dunno :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Saturnine

Very Average band.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

I haven't really given the acoustic CD a good listen but i think the heavy one is one of their best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭funky_buddah

Not a big fan tbh, but "Best Of You" is a ****ing beatiful song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

If anyone from Northern Ireland is thinking of buying this album, Tesco are selling it for £9.97. Great price for 2 discs.

I haven't heard the album myself, just the first single. It's getting really overplayed on the music channels. Not a band song, but One by One was a better first single in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I got it yesterday and only had 45 mins to listen to it.... Very dissapointing i must say. Especially if it's true what Dave says about it bein they're last album. Track 2 and The Best Of You are the best. The acoustic song with Taylor singing is good but I expected better drums cos dave was playin..

The acoustic stuff is very different to previous stuff like next year and for walking after you. There's no catchy, upbeat stuff like "See You". After hearing the album twice now, there's very little that stands out. There's no Riffs really on either cds. No catchy stuff like Monkey Wrench, Generator etc.

I dunno :(

oh come on how can you expect some amazing druming on a bloody acoustic song :rolleyes:

and the first time i listened to tcats or tinltl i didnt think much was catchy. they grow and youll soon see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i liked it. haven't really given the accoustic cd a proper listen to yet though. i wasn't blown away, but foo fighters never really have done that for me before, so i didn't expect it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Saturnine wrote:
    Very Average band.

Very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

i'd be able to agree or disagree if my F***ing CD had showed up! seriously, what's the point in pre-ordering something on cdwow if it's still "pending despatch" three days after the album is released?? i ask you! i thought at the very least it would have been despatched on the day of release!

grrrr!! sorry about off topic - needed to vent. on a lighter note, i agree with the broad consensus on "best of you" - i was really looking forward to the album after hearing that... time will have to tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

They really shouldve left it after colour and the shape. Been on an ever increasing downhill trajectory since then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doomsdayjeezuz

i got it last Sunday, skimmed through at first (as ya do), nothin really stood out, but i refused to let this one go, i love every other Foo's album, so since last Sunday i've been listenin to it a few times a day and my god, it grew on me, i love it! hav to agree the acoustic i find a bit more impressive, but quality album i must say! i love it! cant wait to see 'em at Oxegen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭klap trap

Very true.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

To tell the truth im not that impressed.I had very high hopes for it,because in an interview,Grohl was saying that he realised that the other albums were mainly ****,with just a few good songs,and he wanted to change that with IYH.When i heard it then,it just reminds me exactly of the rest of their albums."Still" is the best ive heard,the first song on the acoustic side,followed by Best Of You.In all,nothing special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 smullen

They attempted the BIG ONE....a double album. Not a wise move. The whole thing sounds very bland, very predictable changes, not inspiring.
    And the fact that they decided that putting out a double album of that tripe makes me think that either the foo fighters or their record lable superiors are crack cocaine addicts.

Advertisement