Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored of ie people

Options
  • 06-06-2005 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭

As some of you know, our merger chances with big guilds like <clear> are pretty non existant now, and a merger with a guild like <The Last Dawn> doesn't appeal to people. What would you guys think of merging with a guild more or less like ours? It would at least be a step on the road to getting enough people for higher lvl instances without random groups (maybe even ubrs ^^ ).

What do you think? 20 votes

Yes, merging with a guild like ours would be good
    0% 0 votes
    No, merging with a guild like ours would not be good
    90% 18 votes
    Keep trying to recruit.
    0% 0 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    10% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Doubling our members while still keeping an element of "control", how could that ever be a bad thing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Do it is all I can say. I nearly gave up on the game until the small guild I was in merged with one of the bigger on the server. Totally changed the game for me. Stopped playing about 1 month ago for exams and because I was gettting kind of bored with it , but 1 run through UBRS in a 15-man raid group and the loot that was dropped changed that in a second. Now any time of day can jump into whatever raid is being organised. The guilds making server's 1st attempt at onyxia right now and I'm only half way through getting the key for onyxia but the fun i'm having is unbelievable to what I experienced before now.

Uber-gaming and you're missing out if you don't get good runs going at the high-end instances

p.s. sorry for butting-in

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

totally agree with merging with a guild similar size to Bored of Ie. It'll be easier for grouping on quests and we still keep control of the guild. any idea's on which guild for the merge? has anybody been approached?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

totally agree with merging with a guild similar size to Bored of Ie. It'll be easier for grouping on quests and we still keep control of the guild. any idea's on which guild for the merge? has anybody been approached?
    Was talking it over with Lux Aeternus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Shanery

Yep a better idea overall rather than all of a sudden being flooded with all these **** who take the game too seriously into our /g channel. How many are in Lux roughly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I'd agree- merge with someone like us / a little smaller. So we can stay in control but still have more members for groupage. Might be good to avoid a non-english speaking guild too :)

I have to say the best thing about <bored> is the laid-back relaxed atmosphere, so if we can keep that while getting more players it's a win-win.

Lux are smaller than us, only about 10 people or so really (active).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I agree a guild like ours, the laid back atmosphere makes life a little easier for us lowbies !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

lay off southshore tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Coyler

I like the Idea. Well it would keep me from wasting my time in BRD or LBRS at least :). We could swallow up a few smaller groups (no more than ten members I'd say) or even do a few raids with them so we don't have to make any rash choices and still keep the "happy go lucky" feel of Bored.
    What guild was Dratstab in? He is a sound fella and a priest to boot
    Ahoy from Mexico, btw. How many are 60 now? We should be over 10 by now.

Maylar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

priests ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

nerding it up in america alan?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

aye merging with a smallish guild would be good
    theres a lot of us getting up nearish mid 40's and 50's
    wont be "too" long before we get up to 60 either heh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I would have thought the voting options here should have been:
    - Merge with a guild our size
    - Merge with a larger guild
    - Keep recruiting
    (- Atari Jaguar)

The problem with LA as I see it (apart from never having seen any of them except Verm's friend Gil), is that they are around the same size of us. This in some ways is an advantage (in theory we could keep the same atmosphere that makes bored what it is), however it also has the disadvantage in that after merge we still won't be big enough to take decent sized instances.

Most people don't seem to care though, and I really don't think we need another poll :P Goooooo Lux!

Drakar wrote:
    I would have thought the voting options here should have been:
    - Merge with a guild our size
    - Merge with a larger guild
    - Keep recruiting
    (- Atari Jaguar)

The problem with LA as I see it (apart from never having seen any of them except Verm's friend Gil), is that they are around the same size of us. This in some ways is an advantage (in theory we could keep the same atmosphere that makes bored what it is), however it also has the disadvantage in that after merge we still won't be big enough to take decent sized instances.

Most people don't seem to care though, and I really don't think we need another poll :P Goooooo Lux!
    xD, true we could've tried to merge with another guild that's bigger... problem there being is that we don't know any ^^ really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

*points at the comparitively large The Last Dawn*

Drakar wrote:
    *points at the comparitively large The Last Dawn*
    Except that we pretty much agreed they're not for us and, they like rules too much

Advertisement