Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute questions - already answered

Options
  • 06-06-2005 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Ok Hi people, I am kind of new here, just registered to ask these two questions.

On Wednsday what do i need for the exam, do i just need my exam number which is something like 124... or do I need the Cao number/ roll number???

Is it true that we get our answer sheets 20 mins before we get the question sheets, and if so or otherwise are we allowed start without the questions,
    eg. for Geogrphy write fieldwork
    maths write proofs (Rough)
    etc.

Thank you
    - Josh Windenbergh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

1. The centre will have your exam number in case you forget it so don't worry. If the centre is not your school, have some ID with you on the first day you attend - this is just so the Superintendent knows you are who you say you are.

2. Handing out of the answer booklets is different for each Superintendent. I would wait and see what happens at the first exam. I have never seen them given out 20 minutes before an exam, as no-one should be writing while others are coming in, chatting etc.. The first day has a bit of paper work to be done - sign-in sheets, exam papers signed etc., so get there in plenty of time.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

On Wednsday what do i need for the exam, do i just need my exam number which is something like 124... or do I need the Cao number/ roll number???

Just your exam number, it will be on your desk aswell, so once you know your seat it won't matter if you forget it.
    Is it true that we get our answer sheets 20 mins before we get the question sheets, and if so or otherwise are we allowed start without the questions,
    eg. for Geogrphy write fieldwork
    maths write proofs (Rough)
    etc.

Generally NO, but I think someone mention on this forum that some examiner did this once, but I generally wouldn't think that would be possible.

The idea of writing on the paper before you get your exam is debatable, I myself don't see it as cheating but there is a thread on this forum of people's opinions link that you might wanna have a look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Josh Windenberg

Ok thanks for the info people, I think I am just worrying too much and creating problems for myself at this stage,
    Thank You
    - Josh Windenbergh

Advertisement