Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for memorybstick experts

• 06-06-2005 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi folks...

I bought a Sony memory stick pro 256 over ebay recently and i noticed something odd. i had earlier bought a 256 locally so naturally i was looking for a good deal over ebay which i thought i got.... at the time. I recently bought a Sony V-3 over ebay which came from Hong Kong... same location as the stick i bought on ebay. The ebay memory stick worked fine on my new camera.... but.... my old camera... which i bought locally... a Sony PSC-52 would not accept the memory stick i bought on ebay. My question is.... is there some sort of regional coding with memory sticks? Similar to dvds? Or am i going bonkers? If anyone can inform me on this or the possibilty of whether it is possible to format that stick to work in my local camera i would be much obliged because there is nothing in the user book to indicate such.

My thanks in advance

DG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Wellcome to Boards , Drugness.. Can you give me a bit more info.. Does the camera even see the memory stick.? Have you tried formatting it? I know this one is probobly obvious are they both pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Drugness

Hi Beller thanks for the response.

Yes both memory sticks are memory stick 256 pro and both are exactly the same in appearance. When i went to try to format the stick in my old camera it would not allow me to perform any of the formatting functions and 'please remove memory stick' was all that would appear on the screen. I'm sure i can format them on my DSC-V3 maybe but i'm concerned about the dangers of what might have happened had i been on holidays with my old camera and could not get a compatable memory stick. I'm not sure what else to tell you really... if you have any questions i could try to answer them.

Also, my V3 supposidly accepts compact flash cards. Is this a distinct advantage? I searched ebay and i couldn't find any compatable with Sony.

Thanks Beller B

Regards

DG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

wrong forum.

What type of MS PRO (Standard/Duo? Original,New,Hi-Speed?)?
    State the card models perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Drugness

Hi Karoma. Thanks for responding.... ok i have the plastic box for the memory stick here in front of me... i'll write down all it says to try to help...

Sony Memory Stick Pro 256mb MagicGate MSX-256s Parallel Data Transfer

Although now that i look more closely the instructions in English only apply to people in Canada and the US.... damn!

Any ideas as to how i can format these sticks to work in my old DSC-P52?

Thanks for your help

Drug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Ah. Sony has more than one type of memory stick. Google it. Not sure is there a fix.

• Advertisement
Advertisement