Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orientation Guide

Options
  • 06-06-2005 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else here apply to be an orientation guide. When do you find out if you have got the job.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

sceptre did it what, 2 years ago Shay?

he'd know...or remember ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Yeah, last year and the year before (erm, and a few years ago when I was in UL the first time).

Elaine Kiely, the Student Affairs officer (or her helper-person), contacts successful applicants after about a month to let them know they've got the job IIRC. And then again around the beginning of September to make sure they're available still (some people change their plans over the summer when they suddenly get a worthwhile paying gig). So you've a while to wait before finding out. Money for old rope obviously, though not losing your charges and doing the basic stuff you have to do sort of helps. You'll have a few opportunities to let them know you're unavailable if you find yourself doing something else so there's no need to gear your summer around the last week of freedom in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

did it last year. got 3 groups, 1 bunch of pricks, 1 group of post-grads (grand bunch) and a great group (HPSS)- money for nothing really, worst thing about it is getting up at 8.30am!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

i had plans to apply but my laziness got the better of me, btw the application form stated you would need a reference/signature from a lecturer, i was wondering whether they were obliged to give you it if you asked or was it something you got on merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

just ask them for the sig at the end of a lecture, obviously explaining yerself. at least thats what i did...

• Advertisement
Advertisement