Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Unsolved

Options
  • 07-06-2005 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Over the years I've noticed certain things in FF games, Most likely unfinished elements to the game.

I mostly point towards old VII the faithful,

Example, 1/35 soldier, tissue, etc
    Various Items that never made any sense and didnt do anything.

Theres plenty others, anyone have any thoughts on these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

AlcoholicA wrote:
    Over the years I've noticed certain things in FF games, Most likely unfinished elements to the game.

I mostly point towards old VII the faithful,

Example, 1/35 soldier, tissue, etc
    Various Items that never made any sense and didnt do anything.

Theres plenty others, anyone have any thoughts on these?

Probably part of the riddle of things that supposidly got cut from the game. They
    might not have a purpose anymore but the decided to leave them in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I think the 1/35 soldiers were just battle items. If you used them in battle I believe little toy soldiers attacked the enemy, similar to one the results of Cait Sith's slot attack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There was an awful lot of stuff in FFVII that was left in the game and wasn't cut since the game was rushed. There is even an entrance in the mountains of nibelheim that has an arrow above it indicating an entrance and yet there is no way of getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Same with some of the stuff in FF9... perhaps they had a point in some obscure sidequest that was cut. They've never really bothered me in the slightest... pointless, but nice to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Retr0gamer wrote:
    There was an awful lot of stuff in FFVII that was left in the game and wasn't cut since the game was rushed. There is even an entrance in the mountains of nibelheim that has an arrow above it indicating an entrance and yet there is no way of getting there.

Ah, that would explain things. I have a memory of some place that I could never get into and I think thats it.

Can't really blame them for all the jazz they put in, much ahrder to take out than put in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement