Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summerbash main event? *Raw spoiler*

• 07-06-2005 4:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Yeah, the champ is gone to Raw. :(

I wonder what is gonna happen now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

As they're house shows, maybe they'll throw the matches on anyway....some kind of 'championship match exclusion' or maybe they'll use Stone Cold as the'I don't give a rat's ass, Cena is still the Champ so he has to defend' line.....

To be honest, it was weird for them to announce the main event would be the same for all 4 different Summerbash events....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I guess that means that Orlando Jordan is now smackdown's top champ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Edgehead

^^^^^^^^
    Oh god....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

my guess is hhh will come to smackdown and beat batista thus bringing the championship to smackdown cant see them swaping both champions just wouldnt make sence this would be a good move for them to make but sher they havent really done anything right in along time so i guess we gotta wait and find out ............god i really should be studying for the big quiz tommorow

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Cactus Col wrote:
    I guess that means that Orlando Jordan is now smackdown's top champ.

AHHHHAHHHHHAHHHHAHHHH....

my brain didn't like that; did'nt like that one bit, I tells ya!

They could'nt pull another swap, then swap back like last year when HHH went for one night..... oh wait, i'm talking ****e, course they could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There's plenty of time to send Cena back to Smackdown. I expect this to happen. It will be the situation with Triple H last year all over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Some sites are saying there's gonna be a Batista/Cena Vs Triple H/JBL match advertised during the month. Chances are Cena only came over for some interpromotional matches that we may not see ever or even for a very long time. I'd say he'll be traded back before the deadline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Brow wrote:
    Some sites are saying there's gonna be a Batista/Cena Vs Triple H/JBL match advertised during the month. Chances are Cena only came over for some interpromotional matches that we may not see ever or even for a very long time. I'd say he'll be traded back before the deadline.
    There's plenty of time to send Cena back to Smackdown. I expect this to happen. It will be the situation with Triple H last year all over again...

I love all this aimless speculation, the truth is none of us know what the hell is going to happen.

No one can say they saw Cena's move coming last night and no one can seriously speculate that he's going back to SD before the draft ends.

If anything people should speculate the very opposite, since Cena is apparently Raws greatest ever acquisition according to JR, Lawlor & Bisch and trading him back would make him look weak and not up to the higher standards of Raw, plus why are they teasing the Cena/CLB feud if he's gonna go straight back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just watching it there on wwe.com, and Jericho looks genuinely shocked and delighted that its Cena.

Huge pop from the crowd. I must say that this draft is very exciting. NO-ONE, could have foreseen this. I think that Cena will thrive if left on Raw. His promo style is far more suited to a live show like Raw.

Also, look at the potential feuds - Christian, Jericho, HBK, HHH, Flair, Edge.

For the first time in ages I, and most of the iwc, have no clue whatsoever where this angle is going. Long may it last.

Smackdown should be excellent this week. Will JBL now claim to be WWE Champion again? Longs reaction should be class. Im hoping, and expecting a huge draft again tonight.

In fact, just thinking as Im typing here, but Bischoff said that the HIAC match is craft exempt, that it WILL happen regardless, so its entirely possible Batista is headed to SD tonight :confused: ? I dunno. Its great.

Well done wwe writing team.

Interestingly, the card is still the same on wwe.com.

I love all this aimless speculation, the truth is none of us know what the hell is going to happen.

No one can say they saw Cena's move coming last night and no one can seriously speculate that he's going back to SD before the draft ends.

If anything people should speculate the very opposite, since Cena is apparently Raws greatest ever acquisition according to JR, Lawlor & Bisch and trading him back would make him look weak and not up to the higher standards of Raw, plus why are they teasing the Cena/CLB feud if he's gonna go straight back?

Many internet wrestling sites weeks ago forecast that both champs would end up on different brands. Before anybody gets too excited they should look at this logically, and when I say logically I mean look at it from the Triple H point of view since he is the king of wrestling in Vinny's eyes:

Triple H is Raw and is going nowhere
    Triple H has worked hard to built up the credibility of the World Title on Raw
    Triple H is known to not like Cena and will not tolerate the spotlight being taken from him

Thus, it is clear that Cena's time on Raw will be shortlived. I expect Christian will be traded to Smackdown in a few weeks. Cena won't last on Raw I'm sure of it. Angle will likely go to Raw too though hopefully will still wrestle at the RDS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

hey did you stop to think that mabye hhh is trying to make cena the top guy on the better program he is what wwe are making the future and probly will be the hitc match and lose to or win and unifiy the titles again untill jbl states he is the new wwe champ and cena stays on raw and everything gose back to normalon smackdown?
    mr nice guy?

gimmick wrote:
    Just watching it there on wwe.com, and Jericho looks genuinely shocked and delighted that its Cena.

Huge pop from the crowd. I must say that this draft is very exciting. NO-ONE, could have foreseen this. I think that Cena will thrive if left on Raw. His promo style is far more suited to a live show like Raw.

Also, look at the potential feuds - Christian, Jericho, HBK, HHH, Flair, Edge.

For the first time in ages I, and most of the iwc, have no clue whatsoever where this angle is going. Long may it last.

Smackdown should be excellent this week. Will JBL now claim to be WWE Champion again? Longs reaction should be class. Im hoping, and expecting a huge draft again tonight.

In fact, just thinking as Im typing here, but Bischoff said that the HIAC match is craft exempt, that it WILL happen regardless, so its entirely possible Batista is headed to SD tonight :confused: ? I dunno. Its great.

Well done wwe writing team.

Interestingly, the card is still the same on wwe.com.

Totally agree, its shook things up really nicely, its given us fans a solid slap in the face and really renewed our interest, well mine at least. I'll actually be watching SD with real interest. Long is obviously goin to get a huge RAW star in one of his picks, I just hope its this week, and not a nobody like Simon Dean.
    Triple H is known to not like Cena and will not tolerate the spotlight being taken from him . . .
    Thus, it is clear that Cena's time on Raw will be shortlived. I expect Christian will be traded to Smackdown in a few weeks. Cena won't last on Raw I'm sure of it.

Think your way off the mark there, just because a person other than HHH is the champ doesn't mean he's out of the spotlight, I mean what have we just been watchin since WM? And I doubt Cena's time on Raw is going to be shortlived, he's perfect for Raw with his "attitude" and his anti establishment persona, and why throw him back to SD to feud with the same guys for another year? A Cena/HHH feud would be great if HHH stays on Raw and it would really lift Cena to the levels the WWE want him at, then again we might see Cena/Christian first, who knows? Cena/HHH at Summerslam, any other suggestions?

It was interesting to hear HHH saying that after HIAC the thing between himself and Batista will finally be over, it makes me think that one of those guys will go to SD presuming their feud will end at Vengeance to balance out the loss of Cena, probably whoever comes out with the title.

Think your way off the mark there, just because a person other than HHH is the champ doesn't mean he's out of the spotlight, I mean what have we just been watchin since WM?

I don't know what you've been watching but all I've seen is Triple H hogging the spotlight. He took a break and it lasted about, oh, a week?
    And I doubt Cena's time on Raw is going to be shortlived, he's perfect for Raw with his "attitude" and his anti establishment persona, and why throw him back to SD to feud with the same guys for another year?

He's not perfect for Raw in the sense that as WWE Champion he needs to be top dog on a show and with the World Champ around, that won't happen. He has many guys he can feud with on Smackdown - Guerrero, Angle and whoever they send to Smackdown from Raw.
    A Cena/HHH feud would be great if HHH stays on Raw and it would really lift Cena to the levels the WWE want him at, then again we might see Cena/Christian first, who knows? Cena/HHH at Summerslam, any other suggestions?

Wow you seriously think he's staying put on Raw don't you? :D He'll be there for 5 minutes. One, two shows max. and then they'll haul him back to Smackdown. They can't have two heavyweight champions on the same show! Think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Legend_Killer

I think they only really brought cena accross for the shock factor and also to buildup the feud with christian.

My dream: christian beats cena for the title and is then put on sd on the enxt show!!!

it will remain a dream though! :(

I don't know what you've been watching but all I've seen is Triple H hogging the spotlight. He took a break and it lasted about, oh, a week?

What are you talking about, I guess you misunderstood me? You said HHH will not tolerate the spotlight being taken away from him if Cena moves to Raw as champ, but why would you say that when we are over two months gone since HHH has been champ yet every nearly Raw has been based around him. Why would he only not tolerate Cena as champ, what about Benoit, Orton, Michaels, Goldberg, Batista etc, they all seemed to work into HHH's plan pretty well. Clearly they could manage to work in Cena to HHH's plan of world domination without too much of his spotlight being taken.
    Wow you seriously think he's staying put on Raw don't you? He'll be there for 5 minutes. One, two shows max. and then they'll haul him back to Smackdown. They can't have two heavyweight champions on the same show! Think about it!

I know they can't have two champs on Raw, as I said before either HHH or Batista could go to SD after their HIAC with the belt since they are "done" so to speak after Vengeance. It would more than likely be Dave imo since if HHH was to move, Flair would be left without much potential to fully work with anybody.

I don't know why you think its so ridiculous that Cena could stay on Raw, your arguement is based purely on the fact that HHH wouldn't like it and it won't suit his needs.
    I think HHH would relish the opportunity to work with a face he's never faced before that is massively over with the crowd, he's been through the Raw roster countless times, he needs a complete change in who he feudes with more than anyone imo. He's a ultimate pro when it comes to the business and I don't think he'll put himself before the WWE.
    As someone posted earlier, Cena is the future of the WWE and putting him in the ring with HHH will not only improve his credibility and worth but he would learn a hell off a lot a 10 time champ.

What are you talking about, I guess you misunderstood me? You said HHH will not tolerate the spotlight being taken away from him if Cena moves to Raw as champ, but why would you say that when we are over two months gone since HHH has been champ yet every nearly Raw has been based around him. Why would he only not tolerate Cena as champ, what about Benoit, Orton, Michaels, Goldberg, Batista etc, they all seemed to work into HHH's plan pretty well. Clearly they could manage to work in Cena to HHH's plan of world domination without too much of his spotlight being taken.

Tell me you're taking the p*ss? Triple H has not allowed anybody have the spotlight. He may have allowed other people hold the title but he still takes the spotlight. You mention Benoit, Orton, Michaels, Goldberg but are you aware that in recent years aside from Summerslam 2004 when Orton faced Benoit for the belt, he has appeared in every PPV main event that he could? I'm absolutely astonished that you think Triple H does not hog the spotlight. I do believe you are the first fan I've ever heard say this! :D Cena doesn't stand a chance on the same show as Triple H and he will end up on Smackdown as a result.
    I know they can't have two champs on Raw, as I said before either HHH or Batista could go to SD after their HIAC with the belt since they are "done" so to speak after Vengeance. It would more than likely be Dave imo since if HHH was to move, Flair would be left without much potential to fully work with anybody.

See the big picture! Smackdown doesn't get the ratings Raw does and is seen as inferior since it's not live. Do you really think Triple H will go there? Of course not.No. Do you really think he will allow the title he worked so hard to make credible, end up there? Of course not.
    I don't know why you think its so ridiculous that Cena could stay on Raw, your arguement is based purely on the fact that HHH wouldn't like it and it won't suit his needs.

I'm not sure if you're aware or not but Triple H is Vince's son-in-law and what he says goes. It's all about the game as the song says.
    think HHH would relish the opportunity to work with a face he's never faced before that is massively over with the crowd, he's been through the Raw roster countless times, he needs a complete change in who he feudes with more than anyone imo. He's a ultimate pro when it comes to the business and I don't think he'll put himself before the WWE.

Ultimate pro my a*s. More like ultimate egomaniac. I'm sure he would relish the opportunity of putting himself over at the expense of Cena but it won't happen anytime soon as Cena and Triple H cannot function on the same show.
    As someone posted earlier, Cena is the future of the WWE and putting him in the ring with HHH will not only improve his credibility and worth but he would learn a hell off a lot a 10 time champ.

You love Triple H don't you? Your surname's not Flair is it? Triple H will destroy anybody in his path as he seeks to take over Flair's record of title wins. Cena should hope that the WWE stays the hell away from a HHH/Cena storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Kio wrote:
    hey did you stop to think that mabye hhh is trying to make cena the top guy on the better program he is what wwe are making the future and probly will be the hitc match and lose to or win and unifiy the titles again untill jbl states he is the new wwe champ and cena stays on raw and everything gose back to normalon smackdown?
    mr nice guy?

Two words - Full Stops

SMACKDOWN SPOILER! don't look if you don't wanna know.
    Chris Benoit
    has been drafted to smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

how do you no that besides benoit is one of the top competitores 4 the world heavyweight title so i think wwe would give him one more title reign before he got shifted to sd.

yeah, but smackdown is pre recorded, and I read some spoilers. (used to ignore them when sd was on sky one, but now that it's not there's no gaurantee that I'll see it)

• Advertisement

Tell me you're taking the p*ss? Triple H has not allowed anybody have the spotlight. He may have allowed other people hold the title but he still takes the spotlight. You mention Benoit, Orton, Michaels, Goldberg but are you aware that in recent years aside from Summerslam 2004 when Orton faced Benoit for the belt, he has appeared in every PPV main event that he could? I'm absolutely astonished that you think Triple H does not hog the spotlight. I do believe you are the first fan I've ever heard say this! Cena doesn't stand a chance on the same show as Triple H and he will end up on Smackdown as a result.

Your actually not listening to a word I'm saying, I never said HHH would be fine if the spotlight was off him, I said he's still very much in the spotlight even though he's not the champ so why couldn't Cena do they same job as Benoit, Orton, Goldberg, Batista etc.
    See the big picture! Smackdown doesn't get the ratings Raw does and is seen as inferior since it's not live. Do you really think Triple H will go there? Of course not.No. Do you really think he will allow the title he worked so hard to make credible, end up there? Of course not.
    You love Triple H don't you? Your surname's not Flair is it? Triple H will destroy anybody in his path as he seeks to take over Flair's record of title wins. Cena should hope that the WWE stays the hell away from a HHH/Cena storyline.

Again your basing your comeback on HHH's obsession with being in the spotlight, your not looking at the situation logically. I don't see the point in continuing this because your just going to comeback with the same arguement about how Raw is "all about the game" and no one else gets a look in.

I do think that HHH demands the spotlight, which he gets, and I have never once said otherwise but that does not translate into a situation where we can't have two top draw stars on the same show!

If your not going to listen to my arguements and just brush them aside and accuse me of being a HHH fanboy (which is what you've been doing) then I'm simply not going to continue this conversation. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Imo it will either be Cena staying on Raw and Batista will go to Smackdown! or Cena will be traded to go back to Smackdown!

Your actually not listening to a word I'm saying, I never said HHH would be fine if the spotlight was off him, I said he's still very much in the spotlight even though he's not the champ so why couldn't Cena do they same job as Benoit, Orton, Goldberg, Batista etc.

Because they can hardly have two champions on the same show can they? I told you already that you're not thinking about it from management's (Triple H's) point of view.
    Again your basing your comeback on HHH's obsession with being in the spotlight, your not looking at the situation logically. I don't see the point in continuing this because your just going to comeback with the same arguement about how Raw is "all about the game" and no one else gets a look in.

With respect, how can we talk things through logically if you are of the opinion that Raw is not "all about the game"? It clearly is!
    I do think that HHH demands the spotlight, which he gets, and I have never once said otherwise but that does not translate into a situation where we can't have two top draw stars on the same show!

It's not about "draws", it's about two champions! You do realise the reason the World Title was introdued to Raw in the first place was because the WWE Champion Brock Lesnar decided he would only wrestle on Smackdown leaving Raw without a champion?
    If your not going to listen to my arguements and just brush them aside and accuse me of being a HHH fanboy (which is what you've been doing) then I'm simply not going to continue this conversation. ;)

Fair enough I'll listen but don't expect me to go along with your view that Triple H is great as he's a ten time champ (due to politics) or that he is the "ultimate pro". I find that to be nonsense. He's ruining wrestling in my view.

D-FENS wrote:
    Two words - Full Stops
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Soooo...with two major drafts after happening would anyone like to hazard a guess as to who the next few drafts may be? Are we in for a month of mid card/lower card switches now?

i wouldn't say that now think about it they change the way the draft is done and then just when every one is so sure that no-one important will go then this happens well i just have to say stop gussing cause we will continue to get it wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Brow wrote:
    Soooo...with two major drafts after happening would anyone like to hazard a guess as to who the next few drafts may be? Are we in for a month of mid card/lower card switches now?

Id imagine next weeks will be lower profile, as thye arent going to have a total swap of major talent from each show.

Ill predict

Simon Dean to SD
    Charlie Haas to Raw

I wonder will there be any gimmick changes this year a lá JBL last year, in this draft? Will there be heel/face turns a lá Booker T. Interesting times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Kio wrote:
    i wouldn't say that now think about it they change the way the draft is done and then just when every one is so sure that no-one important will go then this happens well i just have to say stop gussing cause we will continue to get it wrong

You're doing it again, do you ever come up for air? (!)

Fair enough I'll listen but don't expect me to go along with your view that Triple H is great as he's a ten time champ (due to politics) or that he is the "ultimate pro". I find that to be nonsense. He's ruining wrestling in my view.

I'll tell you what, I'll agree to disagree with you and if your right about the whole thing at the end of the day then fair play to ya, but you still aren't listening to what I'm saying.

I just want to reiterate again that I don't think the're going to keep both championshhips on Raw like you think I do ->
    Because they can hardly have two champions on the same show can they?
    &
    It's not about "draws", it's about two champions! You do realise the reason the World Title was introdued to Raw in the first place was because the WWE Champion Brock Lesnar decided he would only wrestle on Smackdown leaving Raw without a champion?
    Jesus christ, I know this, I'm not stupid!!

And I don't think HHH is great just because he's a ten time champ (which I know is due to politics), I like watching the guy because of what he can do in the ring despite how much of an asshole he might be.
    I disagree with you that he is ruining the business, and I very much think he's one of the most professional guy's in the WWE. Thats only my opinion, its not fact, much the same as your opinion is not fact ;)

• Advertisement

Apart from all that I'd love to see another big pick on Raw this monday, it would be great if management decided to switch 3 or 4 of the top talents on both shows and move away from the majority of swaps being one's that nobody really cares about.
    Here's to Eddie to Raw and Jericho to SD -> (yeah right)

I'll tell you what, I'll agree to disagree with you and if your right about the whole thing at the end of the day then fair play to ya, but you still aren't listening to what I'm saying.

I just want to reiterate again that I don't think the're going to keep both championshhips on Raw like you think I do ->
    &

Jesus christ, I know this, I'm not stupid!!

Well then what do you think will happen? You seem certain the WWE Champion will stay on Raw...
    And I don't think HHH is great just because he's a ten time champ (which I know is due to politics), I like watching the guy because of what he can do in the ring despite how much of an asshole he might be.
    I disagree with you that he is ruining the business, and I very much think he's one of the most professional guy's in the WWE. Thats only my opinion, its not fact, much the same as your opinion is not fact ;)

Well if he puts Batista over at Vengeance I might consider your point of view but I am certain he will beat Batista, take back the belt and hold it for ages.

Hunter is unbeaten in HIAC so he's due a loss in my book. I think by putting Batista over and sending him to SD, where HHH won't go, their feud would finally be over after the 5 or 6 months it's gone on Batisata and would be ready for the like's of Angle, Taker etc.

I also think the SD fan's would take to him far quicker if he went over Hunter at Vengeance, because we all know every wrestling fan hates Triple H, Raw or not.

And with the heavyweight championship gone to SD, HHH can turn his attentions to Cena.

Now I'm not saying this is going to happen obviously, I'm not psychic, but it's what I think might happen.

If the heavyweight title goes to sd hhh would be angry cause as booker t said last year(no offence)sd is the minor leageus and I dont think hhh would be happy if the title he made credible go to the minor "class" so my guess he would go after it.

Hunter is unbeaten in HIAC so he's due a loss in my book. I think by putting Batista over and sending him to SD, where HHH won't go, their feud would finally be over after the 5 or 6 months it's gone on Batisata and would be ready for the like's of Angle, Taker etc.

I also think the SD fan's would take to him far quicker if he went over Hunter at Vengeance, because we all know every wrestling fan hates Triple H, Raw or not.

And with the heavyweight championship gone to SD, HHH can turn his attentions to Cena.

Now I'm not saying this is going to happen obviously, I'm not psychic, but it's what I think might happen.

Zip got in before me but don't you think Triple H would be opposed to moves to send the title he worked so hard to make credible end up on a show that gets less ratings than Raw and which is seen as inferior?

If hhh went after the heavyweigft title on sd that would be good to though cause then there would be room for a cena/cristian fued cause if the heavyweight title dosent go to sd and there was a cena/cristian fued then the fued for the heavyweight title would take over raw and make the cena/cristian fued pointless.

• Advertisement

Zip got in before me but don't you think Triple H would be opposed to moves to send the title he worked so hard to make credible end up on a show that gets less ratings than Raw and which is seen as inferior?

Thats a fair point and it could possibly prevent the Heavyweight Championship going to SD, thus the problem of two championships on Raw.

But there are ways around this, such as Cena dropping the belt to someone drafted to SD (can't really see it happening) or for HHH to swallow his pride ( :eek: ) and just let the belt go to SD. The latter might actually do the show some good as fans of Raw, who currently don't watch SD, might now watch because of the intertest that was generated in the title on Raw. This could increase the size of HHH's ego even further if it were to happen and be a successful move. So everybody wins! :D

And I can't see HHH being opposed to the WWE title being on Raw since its the original title and has way more history associated with it, plus he's held it 5 times.

I've heard about plans for an inter-promotional match between Cena and Batista against JBL and HHH. I wonder if this will have something to do with the current confusion surrounding the titles...

And I can't see HHH being opposed to the WWE title being on Raw since its the original title and has way more history associated with it, plus he's held it 5 times.

Yeh but its different now cause he didnt make the wwe title into what it is today he made the world heavyweight title into wat it is today.Another idea is to have a fued between cena and batista to determine the undisputed wwe champ.

Advertisement