Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time strategy

Options
  • 07-06-2005 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

Ok it's the day before and I need the time strategy for higher english 1 and 2. Anyone got one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

theres usually one in the front of most exam papers!! dont do higher level sorry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

I don't have exam papers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I need to clarify this myself...

Paper I is 2hrs 50mins.

Take 15-20mins to read the paper, to decide on which questions to answer etc.
    Spend 35mins on Question A. (7mins on a 10 mark question, 11mins on a 15 mark question, 14mins on a 20 mark question)
    Spend another 35mins on Question B.
    Spend 80mins on the composition.

Paper II is 3hrs 20mins.

Take 10mins to read the paper.
    Spend 60mins on Section I (Single Text).
    Spend 65mins on Section II (Comparative).
    Spend 65mins on Section III (Poetry) (15mins for the Unseen Poem and 50mins on the prescribed poetry).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

cheers, I swear by these strategies, they keep me in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Paper two is 3 hrs 20 min?! wtf. Didn't realise that. Thats looooaaaadddds of time. Thank god i read this. I would have given it the "meh, just write" approach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

They extended the time in some of the papers last year by about 20 minutes because there are alot of people out there with dislexia (spell)that aren't diagnosed and they wanted to make it fair! If you have been practising for the old time constraints use you're extra 20 mins to read read read over EVERYTHING!! Good luck!

Oh and bit of advice , dont leave the examination hall early! Even if you're falling asleep keep reading over EVERYTHING! You;d be surprised what you'll find!

Advertisement