Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavalier King Charles

Options
  • 07-06-2005 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Could anyone point me in the direction of where to get a Cavalier King Charles pup in the West Dublin area. I don't want to be ripped off (buy and sell).

Would prefer an ckg but open to suggestions, I've just moved into a 3 bed hse with a reasonable sized garden and want a dog which won't get too big.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

The Irish Kennel Club will be able to give you names of reputable breeders in your area. Visit them at http://www.ikc.ie
    There is also a guide to buying a dog, which gives advice on what you should look for, e.g. are you able to see the puppies with at least their mother? (You should be able to, it gives you an idea of what the pup will be like as an adult with regard to size and temperament).

You could also consider rehoming a rescue dog.

Pets Ireland board: http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=50

Here, rescue shelters post details and photographs of dogs needing kind homes.

Hope that helps.

Nala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭wasted_winter

You can contact the club secetary for the Cavalier King Charles Breeders Association on the following number: 01-8481621

I can't really help you anymore than that! Sorry! I'm not aware of any on sale at the moment... from what I remember you'll find that the prices are all more or less the same, give or take. The only way you can be 'ripped off' is if you don't know what to look for when you see the dog.

I'd have a quick word with the club secetary first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Keep an eye out in rescues, there were two lovely dogs one after the other in rescue.
    You could phone your local rescue and get them to put your name on their list for a CKC.

If buying a CKC don't forget to insist on seeing the mother and if possible the father of the pup or dog too, never buy from the side of the road and make sure all the papers are in order and genuine. That way you can avoid getting ripped off. Get a receipt also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Fuzzie Bear

The kennel club have a puppy register and add to it all the time. I contacted them when I was looking for a dog. They should have a good few puppies at this time of year as the showing is over.

It is so important when buying a dog to see its parents and view where it was living...

I just got one of those cavaliers that were in rescue last week.... was well worth the wait of getting one in rescue

This is him....
    http://www.pet-bliss.com/images/Buster1.jpg

There are lots of other puppies out there though waiting for homes.... www.irishanimals.com

Advertisement