Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weezer tonight

• 07-06-2005 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

If anyone has any spare tickets for Weezer tonight, please email me -
    verdidnt@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jimmytango

weezer ticket required for tonight PM me please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Weezer ticket bought on day of release. See you all there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'd hate to not have a ticket for tonight :D

Should be a good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I had a ticket until about 2 hours ago...my thesis is due tomorrow and have a hell of a lot still to do so decided to sell my ticket.....it was unbearable as I was so looking forward to it....even brought a camera into college with me today..... :( i'm gutted but I had to do it so I can actually pass my degree!! Sold the ticket at face value to someone I knew really really wanted to go. He was delighted as the tickets are like gold dust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

John2 wrote:
    I'd hate to not have a ticket for tonight :D

Should be a good one
    god that was cruel.

i knew getting up early on the 13th of april 2005 would benefit me!!!

in town for 8 o clock outside stephens green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I had a ticket until about 2 hours ago...my thesis is due tomorrow and have a hell of a lot still to do so decided to sell my ticket.....it was unbearable as I was so looking forward to it....even brought a camera into college with me today..... :( i'm gutted but I had to do it so I can actually pass my degree!! Sold the ticket at face value to someone I knew really really wanted to go. He was delighted as the tickets are like gold dust
    Don't be too down. Good karma is due your way!
    You'll probably get a 1st class honours with your degree... and go on the be a zillionaire... and then you can get Weezer to play a private gig for your birthday in your mansion :)
    Seriously though, best of luck with the thesis... that took some heart to sell (and to a delighted mate).

Forgot to mention... I'm going! Hope yee lucky ones have a great night!
    Plenty of hungover reports here tomorrow no doubt! :D

BEST SHOW EVER.

Can't talk got leaving cert in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That was fantastic. Can't believe I got in. I didn't see anyone getting checked either, so it was pretty cool! :D What a great gig though, and what a venue to see them in!

Yeah! Vicar St is my fav venue and to see such a great gig there! Rivers is teh man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Aw good karma will benefit you, and go you for thinking of ur education first.

I had a ticket-well kinda, i got a text 4 hrs b4 the gig saying a frend of mine had a ticket for me...but i got it at 10...godam stupid frickin fon.....grrr so fu(king angry.grr

so got more drunk.yay

glad ye had fun

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:
    god that was cruel.

i knew getting up early on the 13th of april 2005 would benefit me!!!

in town for 8 o clock outside stephens green.

Cruel but fair. Well maybe not fair...

Tickets were going for €60 outside tonight, I would have thought they would have been going for more to be honest. Hard luck to anyone who didn't get one in the end.

anyone else think the support, The Subways, were rockin out to music that wasn't their own?

Totally out of sync with the music and that chick just wanted to show off her hair! Toni & Guy visit that day?

Mr Rivers wrote:
    anyone else think the support, The Subways, were rockin out to music that wasn't their own?

Totally out of sync with the music and that chick just wanted to show off her hair! Toni & Guy visit that day?

I thought they were all right until the bassist "sang". Most desperate whiny vocals ever! Didn't have a problem with the rocking out though

Oh it really annoyed me, for random times she'd shake her head from side to side! The guy was more sedate and fitting of the music, she was kinda full of herself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

anybody able to remember the setlist ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Same as the one on the front page of weezer.com

being this
    Setlist:
    Tired Of Sex
    In The Garage
    No One Else
    Pardon Me
    Buddy Holly
    Photograph
    Hold Me
    Getchoo
    Say It Ain't So
    We Are All On Drugs
    Island In The Sun
    My Name Is Jonas
    Peace
    Beverly Hills
    The Good Life
    Undone - The Sweater Song
    ---
    Haunt You Every Day
    Hash Pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Mr Rivers wrote:
    No One Else

Sure about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Bob Sakamano

No El Scorcho or Only in dreams WTF, and the new stuff wasnt great. Did anyone else here the groan from the crowd when they came back for their encore and played more new stuff.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Yeah, was a bit disappointed they didnt play Only in Dreams. But they are touring a new album so they are obliged to play a good deal of it. Even if this was their first gig in Ireland.

Got a good deal of footage from the balcony. Nice shots of those guys crowd surfing at the end on Hash Pipe, especially the guys going over on their heads and slapping their legs off the stage!! Looked pretty sore!

hahaha! They were idiots! post up them if ya can

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

that was pretty great gig overall,
    wish i didnt have to be back in waterford for 9 this mornin.

wow crowd surfing to hash pipe, suppose whatever floated their boats.

highlight of the evening: Tired of sex, The good life
    disappointment of the evening: Beverly hills (worst song Rivers has ever written)

but it had to be played seeing as it the single and all.

there was a great vibe there and i think vicar street is a good venue (first time i was there).

wouldn't of mind to of seen the big metal =w= with the lights but i'm sure it was too big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

great gig... great vibe there.
    Lot of people seemed a bit short changed by the short encore, but it had to be expected given it was a Tuesday in Vicar Street.
    I've never known gigs to go on long there.
    The crowd surfers were mental! One of the first up was really being chucked around.
    I think through Hash Pipe, a "well built" lad had a go... but he sank fast among the crowd!
    The Subways (support act) were ok. Kinda "trailer park White Stripes".
    Would have killed for a pint of beer (and not Bud!) though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

whiskeyman wrote:
    I think through Hash Pipe, a "well built" lad had a go... but he sank fast among the crowd!

That was probably me, I left half way through Hash Pipe, had to DJ down in Dorans. I'm not well built at all dude, I'm very badly build to be honest.

I thought the Subways were pretty decent as support acts go. At least they were energetic.

they were alright but that bassist had a really whiney voice.

Yeah, the guy wasn't as bad though. They probably should have kept her playing bass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

amazing gig, ive never seen vicar st so packed and ive been to sold out shows there before. i have a feeling those tickets that went on sale recently on ticketmaster.ie were a mistake. never sweated so much in my life either, it was sooo hot in there too, still, brilliant gig, great set. that girl in the subways was real annoying though, would she ever stop waving her friggin hair around.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i actually hated the subways were rubbish before this gig and when i heard they were supporting i thought it was a terrible decision,
    BUT i do think they were quite good last night.

I liked the Subways but that woman's voice makes me want to eat glass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Here is a couple of Videos from the gig:

Weezer - Dublin

Weezer - 7th June

Hope you like them.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ciaran*

those videos were cool.

Here is a couple of Videos from the gig:

Weezer - Dublin

Weezer - 7th June

Hope you like them.

S.
    they don't download for me :(

they start but get like 200k done then they freeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Ill see if I can upload them to yousendit later, anyone else having problems?

that'd be great mate cheers, is the buddy holly one the full song?

Advertisement