Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live on Eircom Wirless Router

• 07-06-2005 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Lads, I need HELP (Please). I received the Wireless Router Netopia (3347) from Eircom and Xbox live wont recognise it. It comes up with the message "Xbox Live not found" I have enabled the firewall rules on the router to allow open the ports • UDP 88,• UDP 3074 ,• TCP 3074...If anyone else has the Netopia Router 3347 working with xbox live please please send me an emil as im getting desperate here. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I'm having the exact same problem. IP Config works, DNS works, it just won't connect to Live. Eircom's support page only refers to the 3346.

Please help us :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

whatt?

what wireless connector are you using with the xbox?
    it doesnt have woreless buit in so get the name of the adapter you have and figure out how to configure that.

maddzy,
    ip config is on your pc, not your xbox.
    the pair of yis,
    post exactly the problem and all connectiosn used etc

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭funkyship

Sorry Chalk (my fault) I left out that I have an ethernet cable connected from the router directly to the xbox so im not using the wireless feature on the router...when i go to the xbox live menu ...it says "Xbox live not found" ...I use the trouble shoot feature on the xbox and it passes the first three tests below

Check Cables
    IP Not Confirmed/IP Settings Incorrect
    DNS Not Resolved

However it fails on the fourth test and says Xbox live not found...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

are those the test results you got?

dns not resolved and ip not confirmd means your not connected to the router properly.
    check the cable with your pc to make sure it works,
    if it does try another ethernet port on the router.

if it still doenst work the ethernet port on the xbox may be dodgy

Chalk wrote:

maddzy,
    ip config is on your pc, not your xbox.
    the pair of yis,
    post exactly the problem and all connectiosn used etc

What? I'm talking about the XBox's Network Settings. I have IP set to Auto, and in the Settings Trouble shooting the IP and DNS check out.

Of course the XBox has an IP, how else is it going to connect to Live's network ¬.¬

Anyway, I'm connecting through Ethernet to my Netopia 3347.

I'm having the exact problem as FunkyShip, I pass the first three test then it fails when connecting to live. What this means is the problem is not a Network one (The XBox can communicate with the Network but it can't get past the Router to access the Internet, and Live.)

This is more then likely a problem with the Netopia rather then any XBox settings. I've turned on the XBox Live custom service thing in the Router's settings, so all ports should be forwarded, yet I still can't get through.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Advertisement

It passes the first three troubleshooting tests and fails on xbox live not found...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

Just a guess, could it require a crossover cable?

i dont think so john as one of the first tests the xbox runs is the cables and that passes the test fine...

Got a PM from funkyship which solved the problem. In the XBox's Network Settings go to PPPoe Settings and switch Configuration to "On". Enter username as "eircom" and password as "broadband1". Ignore the Service Name part.
    Then just go back out to main menu and hit Xbox Live, it should come straight up.

Hey Madzy...glad that worked for you...i wont be able to try it until about 9 tonight. are you also using the wireless router 3347 supplied by Eircom. you dont happen to have an xbox live trial offer too as my ones have expired...Look forward to getting this setup now tonight...

• Advertisement

Yep i changed the settings as above and it worked ..it maybe a common issue with the Eircom wireless router...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

i've followed all the stuff above and it works perfect.

until now , a few weeks later when it just cuts out mid game.

looses the connection..... for some strange reason

anyone able to help?

Advertisement