Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live on Eircom Wireless Router..

Options
  • 07-06-2005 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Lads, I need HELP (Please). I received the Wireless Router Netopia (3347) from Eircom and Xbox live wont recognise it...I have an ethernet cable connected from the router directly to the xbox so im not using the wireless feature on the router.... It comes up with the message "Xbox Live not found" I have enabled the firewall rules on the router to allow open the ports • UDP 88,• UDP 3074 ,• TCP 3074...If anyone else has the Netopia Router 3347 working with xbox live please please send me an emil as im getting desperate here. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Try setting a static ip address - worked for me when xbox live was being fussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭funkyship

Cheers Buddy. Did setting a static address fix your xbox live situation..

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭funkyship

I got it sorted....In the XBox's Network Settings go to PPPoe Settings and switch Configuration to "On". Enter username as "eircom" and password as "broadband1". Ignore the Service Name part. Then just go back out to main menu and hit Xbox Live, it should come straight up....it maybe a common issue with the Eircom wireless router...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stevejcraven

I got it sorted....In the XBox's Network Settings go to PPPoe Settings and switch Configuration to "On". Enter username as "eircom" and password as "broadband1". Ignore the Service Name part. Then just go back out to main menu and hit Xbox Live, it should come straight up....it maybe a common issue with the Eircom wireless router...

I've spent the last 2 days trying to fix this and this has done it for me. Thanks mate.

:):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

i had the same problem with that router. One xbox worked fine, replacement xbox wouldnt connect, it was down tot he ppoe settings too. Tho mine were different, username for me was eircom@eircom.net and password was eircom, so if the first one doesnt work, try that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Probably shouldn't be giving your broadband user names and passwords away lads. It probably doesn't matter as its linked to your phone line but still would be wiser not to give any of that info out for the whole world to see.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

AFAIK the user name and password are standard for all eircom customers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

yeah they are, tney are changed to your phone number and account number at the exchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Strange that they bother with them at all so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

well you need them to authenticate

and it stops you using your username and password in someone elses house with eircom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Caterpillar

0ubliette wrote:
    i had the same problem with that router. One xbox worked fine, replacement xbox wouldnt connect, it was down tot he ppoe settings too. Tho mine were different, username for me was eircom@eircom.net and password was eircom, so if the first one doesnt work, try that one.

Worked a charm for me lad...... thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Thanks for that finally got it working. For those using the eircom router but not actually with eircom ( I am with BT - I had to use my *******@BTBB login name and my BT password too)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭spfeno

Well done lads - have been trying to get this connected since Xmas thru an EIRCOM router but without any joy ...... until now that is !!!

Spfeno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gieff

You sir are a bloody genius! cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭nearly

I just wanted to say THANKS to funkyship and this thread! I can't believe it's January 09, and after hours trying to figure out what the problem was I found the solution here- nearly 4 years on, same problem. How many other Eircom/Netopia/Xbox live customers have had this trouble? The eircom/broadband1 combo worked for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gmac

well done funkyship drove me to the brink of insanity cheers!! eircom@eircom.net for me

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lawstud

funkyship wrote: »

When i go to the PPPoe settings there is no option to turn the configuration to "On". However, I have followed the rest of your avice but to no avail.

Any advice on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shaneraff

Logging into your router via laptop or pc and disabling its firewall should work fine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

im useing the wireless adapter for the xbox and i had to change loads of setting on my router and spend like a hour on the phone talking to some guy but from wat i can remeber i dont something like : go into ur eircom router page opn ur pc then click advanced mode and say yes and then just keep exploring it until u find this menu that says world of world craft i think well its some game but click on the drop down menu then scrol down until u find the thingy sayin xbox live then enable it and bobs ur uncle ur got it fixed (((maybe))) and if this dosent work of ur to lazy just ring eircom and enoy them . hope i helped u:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

im useing the wireless adapter for the xbox and i had to change loads of setting on my router and spend like a hour on the phone talking to some guy but from wat i can remeber i dont something like : go into ur eircom router page opn ur pc then click advanced mode and say yes and then just keep exploring it until u find this menu that says world of world craft i think well its some game but click on the drop down menu then scrol down until u find the thingy sayin xbox live then enable it and bobs ur uncle ur got it fixed (((maybe))) and if this dosent work of ur to lazy just ring eircom and enoy them . hope i helped u:D

lol, enter 192.168.1.254

On the left hand side you will see the option for firewall, click the link, set it to low, click save changes at the bottom.

Go to custom services/gaming, scroll down to xbox live games and click enable. Use your xbox as the host.

The eircom@eircom.net and broadband1 in your advanced settings usually fixes a lot of issues and assigning a static ip address will help as well....

If that took you an hour on the phone IIIAcHmEdIII one of you was really dull....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ryue65

Thanks for the help re : eircom / eircom@eircom.net / broadband1 tips

Helped me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

lol, enter 192.168.1.254

Thats my colleges I.P address.... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lithe-legs

Just wanted to say thanks for the amazing help in this thread!
    My friend got himself an xbox and all the internet jazz today, and we came across the same problems when trying to connect to Live. It failed at connecting to Live and downloading the NXE update.

I'm usually fairly good with computers but after trying everything I could think of and practically raping google, xbox.com, youtube and yahoo for the answers, I was stumped. Then I stumpled across this mighty forum :D

Chaning the PPPoE to eircom and broadband1 didn't work for me, but thankfully using eircom@eircom.net and eircom finally solved the problem! Was not looking forward to ringing customer service tomorrow. :(

SO THANKS AGAIN LADS! Much appreciated ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lawstud

I followed the instructions above and below and still no joy with connecting to Xbox Live. Any suggestions???:confused::confused::confused: Do I need to download an update for my router maybe???

Xbox Live connection issues with Eircom and Netopia

Do you face any issue with your Xbox Live connection?

Is your internet service provider Eircom?

Are you using a Netopia router or modem?

You might face some issues with Xbox Live connection when your internet service provider is Eircom and your router or modem is a Netopia one.
    Actually this might happen to you because your router needs configuration.
    So let's go through the steps to do this router's configuration and you'll find your Xbox Live connection fine after this.
    • First we'll need to go on the PC.
    • And open the internet Explorer and type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. Now you've accessed Netopia's settings page.
    • On the menu to the left you'll find Firewall, click on it and select Low then save the changes.
    • On the menu to the left you'll find Expert Mode, click on it then Yes to enter Expert Mode.
    • On the menu to the left click on Configure, then Advanced then NAT.
    • Now you'll find Service Name so scroll down the menu until you find Xbox Live Games. Now click Enable then Enable again.
    • On the menu to the left click on Configure then Connection.
    • Then on the main page scroll down until you find UPnP and check that box.
    • Then Save.
    • And finally turn off the Netopia router then turn it back on again.
    Now you'll go on Xbox Live and everything would be working fine.
    I hope this helps you.
    And Enjoy Xbox Live...!!!

Read more: http://xbox360help.blogspot.com/2007/09/xbox-live-eircom-router-netopia.html#ixzz0VAJYWzNt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Lawstud wrote: »
    I followed the instructions above and below and still no joy with connecting to Xbox Live. Any suggestions???:confused::confused::confused: Do I need to download an update for my router maybe???

Xbox Live connection issues with Eircom and Netopia

Do you face any issue with your Xbox Live connection?

Is your internet service provider Eircom?

Are you using a Netopia router or modem?

You might face some issues with Xbox Live connection when your internet service provider is Eircom and your router or modem is a Netopia one.
    Actually this might happen to you because your router needs configuration.
    So let's go through the steps to do this router's configuration and you'll find your Xbox Live connection fine after this.
    • First we'll need to go on the PC.
    • And open the internet Explorer and type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. Now you've accessed Netopia's settings page.
    • On the menu to the left you'll find Firewall, click on it and select Low then save the changes.
    • On the menu to the left you'll find Expert Mode, click on it then Yes to enter Expert Mode.
    • On the menu to the left click on Configure, then Advanced then NAT.
    • Now you'll find Service Name so scroll down the menu until you find Xbox Live Games. Now click Enable then Enable again.
    • On the menu to the left click on Configure then Connection.
    • Then on the main page scroll down until you find UPnP and check that box.
    • Then Save.
    • And finally turn off the Netopia router then turn it back on again.
    Now you'll go on Xbox Live and everything would be working fine.
    I hope this helps you.
    And Enjoy Xbox Live...!!!

Read more: http://xbox360help.blogspot.com/2007/09/xbox-live-eircom-router-netopia.html#ixzz0VAJYWzNt

Have you tried turning off the firewall on the router instead of setting it to low? Cause thats what I have to do everytime I want to play online. Don't forget to turn it back on tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Winwood

Sorry to resurect a dead thread but this worked or me - thanks :)
    funkyship wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stevejcraven

Winwood wrote: »
    Sorry to resurect a dead thread but this worked or me - thanks :)

It worked for me a few years back too but recently it's caused me problems. Over the weekend I dropped the "eircom" and "broadband1" password and it's working fine now.

Anyone that used this initially but is having problems connecting now might want to try the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭he man rugger

Hi, I have my xbox connected through my laptop and its working fairly ok, xbox live is working to an extent but when I try to join a live party or invite a friend to play in Modern Warfare it won't work and just says can't do this despite me having enabled xbox 360 games in the router page. I'm pulling my hair out, pretty sure its an eircom problem.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Hi, I have my xbox connected through my laptop and its working fairly ok, xbox live is working to an extent but when I try to join a live party or invite a friend to play in Modern Warfare it won't work and just says can't do this despite me having enabled xbox 360 games in the router page. I'm pulling my hair out, pretty sure its an eircom problem.:mad:

As other people have said try setting the firewall to low. I also had problems setting up my xbox live connection via the eircom router. But what I did was stick a memory stick in the laptop and then using the windows option to export the network details to the memory stick, then I plugged the memory stick into the xbox and when setting up xbox live it took the settings of the memory stick. I got a new xbox elite recently and did the exact thing and was back online in minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭he man rugger

Floppybits wrote: »
    As other people have said try setting the firewall to low. I also had problems setting up my xbox live connection via the eircom router. But what I did was stick a memory stick in the laptop and then using the windows option to export the network details to the memory stick, then I plugged the memory stick into the xbox and when setting up xbox live it took the settings of the memory stick. I got a new xbox elite recently and did the exact thing and was back online in minutes.

I have the firewall down low, its quite odd. I can connect to any random game but can't join a gaming party with people I know when invited. It beats me because other than that it seems ok in terms of being able to download demos and whatnot.

How did you go about exporting the network details out of curiosity? That sounds quite handy.

Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement