Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live on Eircom Wireless Router..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

I have the firewall down low, its quite odd. I can connect to any random game but can't join a gaming party with people I know when invited. It beats me because other than that it seems ok in terms of being able to download demos and whatnot.

How did you go about exporting the network details out of curiosity? That sounds quite handy.

Thanks for the reply.

If its connected through a laptop then your NAT settings are still on strict. It's because the router isnt recognizing your xbox directly, it's only recognizing your laptop/PC and so all the settings you enabled on the router arent working.

You need to set up a network bridge from your laptop. It's not hard, heres a guide. You'll only need to look at the second half of it:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭he man rugger

mgsrocks wrote: »
    If its connected through a laptop then your NAT settings are still on strict. It's because the router isnt recognizing your xbox directly, it's only recognizing your laptop/PC and so all the settings you enabled on the router arent working.

You need to set up a network bridge from your laptop. It's not hard, heres a guide. You'll only need to look at the second half of it:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

Nice one, I'll give it a bash over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShellieB

Thank you so much for the information on Eircom router and Xbox live. Just lost a day and years off my life trying to get my son's Christmas present to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 superstec

Just want to say thanks to frankyship for the info on this issue was wondering how to get rid of this for a while now. Off to kick ppl's asses on FIFA.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Supermaman

Want to say thanks too, first fix from funkyship worked for me too... Glad I only wasted an hour before I (google...) found this thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement