Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This the Clutch Cable?

Options
  • 07-06-2005 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hey,
    I have a BMW316 and everytime i pull off in 1st gear, if i dont't give it enough petrol it'll start to chug...
    Only really happends in 1st...
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

I had this problem with my 316i before. I think it was the fuel pump on the way out but with a BMW it could be one of many many things.

I sold it and bought a Toyota. Best move ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

is it a big job?
    it needs a service anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Probably not a big job (traded it in so no idea what the solution was) - it's the parts for these type of car are very expensive. Don't take my word for it on that being the problem though - get a mechanic to check it out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I bmw 3 series fuel pump from GSF costs anywhere between 55 and 120 euro depending on which year model you have.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Ronanom wrote:
    Hey,
    I have a BMW316 and everytime i pull off in 1st gear, if i dont't give it enough petrol it'll start to chug...
    Only really happends in 1st...
    Any ideas?

So you can take off from 2nd without any problem?

I'll assume you mean it wants to stall out.

What year and EFI does this one have?.

How many miles on it, years old,
    When was it serviced last, miles on O2 SENSOR, are the plugs correct and/or fouling, and was the Throttlebody ever cleaned on it.
    Distributor or dist-less ignition.

I'd also check the intake tubing and pipes for any air/vacuum leaks

It is easy to check the FP pressure and delivery rate, so hold out on the pump, do the other servicing first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement