Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jacques Lu Cont.

• 07-06-2005 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

A mate of mine said that he did not show up over the weekend (he missed his flight) and that a CD of him was played instead and people were still charged. Is my mate telling lies or did this actually happen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 hoori

I was there, and there was no recording playing. Chromeo did play a bit longer than they expected to play. they were really good, had a really "daft punkish" sound and showed that a band can set people up for a dj(at this point in the night I thought it was going to be "a great night out"!). As for a recording well thats just not the truth. the support dj's played a lot of stuff that you would expect Mr. lu cont to play like "avalon" and "jacques your body". It wouldn't be too hard to pick out a set that sounds very "jacques lu cont" like. Cheers to the tbmc for the useless "tickets for any other night" of the the festival though :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its nothin to do with the venue if the act doesnt turn up, thats the promoters business, so no point moanin about tbmc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

a friend of mine was there and he said that they were given free entry into another Bud Rising event at the TBMC in compensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I got a compensation ticket but I was really pissed off. This is the second time this guy has cancelled. The only reason im anoyed is because he is so damn good.

John2 wrote:
    a friend of mine was there and he said that they were given free entry into another Bud Rising event at the TBMC in compensation.

yeah, bud rising

as in the promotions machine behind the gigs

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote:
    I got a compensation ticket but I was really pissed off. This is the second time this guy has cancelled. The only reason im anoyed is because he is so damn good.

djs miss flights, its a fact of life

im just amazed they dont miss more

some of the schedules djs have told me they have are unreal

I mean I paid to go see jacques lu cont in the tbmc. if I ordered a burger in macdonalds on monday and they gave me a fillet o fish instead after i ordered then I think i deserve my money back not a voucher for a chicken burger that has to be bought on tuesday. they did give entry tickets for another night but only for bud rising festival events, forcing us to go back there if we wanted our moneys worth. Maybe the tbmc are not the people I should be directing this at but whoever was controlling the purse strings should have taken the hit for Jacques not turning up, I'm sure they would have taken the profits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

hoori wrote:
    I mean I paid to go see jacques lu cont in the tbmc. if I ordered a burger in macdonalds on monday and they gave me a fillet o fish instead after i ordered then I think i deserve my money back not a voucher for a chicken burger that has to be bought on tuesday. they did give entry tickets for another night but only for bud rising festival events, forcing us to go back there if we wanted our moneys worth. Maybe the tbmc are not the people I should be directing this at but whoever was controlling the purse strings should have taken the hit for Jacques not turning up, I'm sure they would have taken the profits
    How about you go up to the counter in McDonalds having consumed 90% of your fillet-o-fish and then ask them that its not what you ordered. Id say you would get even less than a voucher for a chicken burger on Tuesday.

I went down at 12 and there was a sign clearly marked on the door explaining that he had missed his flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

Dave,
    Thats a terrible analogy!

- jon

hoori wrote:

what do ye mean "maybe" theyre not the ones you should be aiming it at?? they only own the feckin venue, whats on in there isnt down to them, its down to the people renting the venue that night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

BACKLASH wrote:
    Dave,
    Thats a terrible analogy!

- jon
    I didnt start with the fast food, he brought me down to his level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

110th Street from Galway actually played instead of Lu Cont, They were slightly off form because they only had there warm up tunes with them (they were on before Chromeo) and a few tunes borrowed from the lads from Backlash..... I seen Lu Cont @ the Trinity ball and belive me there set was nothing like what he plays at the moment.... most of it is stuff he has re-edited himself and newer-than-new white labels...... he is playing in Galway in the next few weeks so if you really want to see him and cant wait for Oxegen........ you've been warned.

PS. It sucks when a DJ doesnt turn up, but its not as if the doors were shut when you got there, you still seen 2 out of the 3 acts and had a good night (I hope).

S.

OK I'll drop the burger anology!

110th street: I've seen the track listing for one of their sets on the "sets on the net" sticky and it looked really good
    they were good but I was hugely disappointed that lu cont wasnt there. I take turkey and helixs point that the tbmc wasnt at fault but I would say that if someone misses a flight then there is probably a two hour window where people could be told and when I went in there was nothing posted and they were charging full cover, my friend that arrived later payed a reduced cover charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Where is he playing in Galway and when?

He is playing in the Bloody GPO, I think it could be at the end of June or early July, it might be when he is over for Oxegen? He was booked ages ago but its Kinda wierd not having him @ 110th street....... because the GPO has gone to the dogs over the last year. Cant wait to see him again, he was amazing at the Trinity Ball.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I pray it is before June 30 as I'm away after that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Joey Shabadoo

Jacques Lu Cont in GPO is not going to happen.A date was supposed to be announced by now.

I was in the GPO on Monday night for the first time since Tom Middleton in December.We don't need another ****ing CP's in Galway,and that's what they've turned the place into.Paul Hannon is in there about three nights a week.That guy shouldn't even be classed as a dj.

Laurent Garnier,Sneak and Felix Da Housecat were all lined up to play the GPO this summer.

Sickened !

Laurent Garnier,Sneak and Felix Da Housecat were all lined up to play the GPO this summer.

Sickened !

I totally agree about the GPO, but those Lads were never lined up to play this summer, Who ever told you that was talking utter ****e, Lu Cont is only playing because he was booked from last year, The GPO has no intrest in getting in good DJ's anymore, its gone the way of the "****e music, huge profits from Booze" market and the owner obviously doesnt give a ****e about the music, Its a shame because since they did it up it looks great.

S.

I totally agree about the GPO, but those Lads were never lined up to play this summer, Who ever told you that was talking utter ****e, Lu Cont is only playing because he was booked from last year, The GPO has no intrest in getting in good DJ's anymore, its gone the way of the "****e music, huge profits from Booze" market and the owner obviously doesnt give a ****e about the music, Its a shame because since they did it up it looks great.

S.

Noel Phelan told me,it was all to go ahead until the Stereo night was cut.

I guess we will never know......... but really do you think the GPO could really pull in Felix and Garnier? I still hear about the time Carl Cox played there.............. and they were the good old days........ The rider and cost for those DJ's alone would probably make those nights run at a loss...... those boys are way out of the GPO's league IMO, for example, Im quite impressed that Cut Chemist is in Cuba* although the €17.50 price tag for a tuesday show just shows how much the big boys must cost on a Saturday night.

S.

PS. So the GPO has gotten rid of the last night that had some credability...... Shame.

S.

• Advertisement

I know Felix demands at least 8k for a 2 hour set.Tickets probably would have been about 25 euro but **** it,I'd pay that to see Felix in the GPO.

Cut Chemist should be good,I was reluctant to pay 17.50 to get into ****ing Cuba of all places though.

Advertisement