Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Razors

• 07-06-2005 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

Lads,

just wondering how many of you use electic razors and how good/bad you find them?

I use a philips one that cost about €50. It's not too bad but nothing like as good as shaving with a standard razor. I find it handy though for a quick shave. I also do a fair bit of travelling so it's easier to bring an electric razor than shaving foam and razors.

I was wondering if some of the more expensive ones give a better shave as the one I have is on it's last legs now. I don't want to waste 100 yo-yo's on something that is not any better than what I have.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have a remington one for around €100 that I find much better than a wet razor. It takes a little more effort to get the shave as close, but what's an extra 5 or ten minutes?

I can't use a wet razor more than once a week, otherwise I end up removing half of the skin on my face, which is why an electric suits me so much better. It's also much cheaper. Mach 3 blades are extortionate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The more expensive ones do tend to do a better job. I had a cheapish (around the €50 mark) one for a good few years... when that went on it's last legs I bought a new one for around the same price and it was completely useless. So I went for a more expensive one.. (about €150 with a 25% discount in the after xmas sales in Roches) It's one of the Philips wet shave ones that squirts nivea shaving balm out onto your face. I'm very happy with it and it's probably the smoothest shave I've ever had.

I have to stick with electric shavers as I can't actually use razors myself... I have tremor in my hands due to a defect in my cerebellum... things could get messy.. ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

i wouldnt recommend spending a load on an expensice philips one anyway, i have a top of the range one i got for a present and to be honest its not a patch on the mac3. In iritates way more, is not as smooth and takes ages especially if you dont shave every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

seamus wrote:
    I can't use a wet razor more than once a week, otherwise I end up removing half of the skin on my face, which is why an electric suits me so much better. It's also much cheaper. Mach 3 blades are extortionate.

I can agree with everything here, especially with Mach 3 blades being extortionate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jothee

i picked up a philishave sensotec last week. I'd been thinking about getting an electric razor for a while as i find a wet shave to be far too much effort most days. i'm very impressed so far. its almost as close a shave as i ever got with a wet shave.

but even if it wasn't i'd still be very happy as its just so much quicker and easier than a blade, which outweighs the negatives for me. just make sure you get a decent one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It's really a case of you get what you pay for, Argos are doing a few good deal.
    Personnaly I'd recommend wet shaving, I only use an electric as a top-up if am goign out after work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I too have an ejaculating phillishave which i find is as good as a wet razor, it is in effect a wet shave

Advertisement