Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6630 / 6680 Security Error? cannot install themes or other apps

• 07-06-2005 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I got a 6630 over the weekend and I'm very happy with it. However, Im having difficulty installing new themes on the phone.

I sent the themes from my PC via bluetooth. They show up in my inbox as New Message. The file type is correct (theme.sis)

The exact error message I get is: 'Installation Security Error! Unable to Install'. Can anyone help me with this? I looked in the manual but it only shows how to change themes, not install them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

you may have to relax the Application Manager security settings to install a third party .sis file (that you trust):
    Main Menu > Tools > Manager > Options > Settings
    Software Installation, Application Access On (rather than Off / Signed Only)

Note: that leaving the handset's Application Access in this 'On' state can allow any application to be installed in your handset, this could prove to be a secutity issue with apps from untrusted/unknown sources - so be careful and be aware of the security concerns and functionality of your handset - suggest you switch the Application Access back to 'Signed Only' or 'Off' afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Cheers DubWireless.

I would never have known to change that setting. Thanks. Phones are evolving at an incredible rate. When will it stop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I just bought a 6630 from the for sale section. I tried putting themes on it, but when I try to install them, it says 'Installation security error. Unable to install.' I know that on my last phones (6600 and 6260) I was able to install themes, and it would tell me there's a security risk because it doesn't know the author or something. But you were still able to install them, just say yes, to install anyway. But on the 6630, it doesn't even ask, just says you can't.

Does anybody know how to fix this? I'd be highly annoyed if I had to leave it with the Vodafone theme on it (although there's a Nokia one, it's mad boring). Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers,

Wes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

we have to figureout unlocking to sort this out :D

i am after this already lets get on unlocking mission :)
    keep intuch man

Wez wrote:
    I just bought a 6630 from the for sale section. I tried putting themes on it, but when I try to install them, it says 'Installation security error. Unable to install.' I know that on my last phones (6600 and 6260) I was able to install themes, and it would tell me there's a security risk because it doesn't know the author or something. But you were still able to install them, just say yes, to install anyway. But on the 6630, it doesn't even ask, just says you can't.

Does anybody know how to fix this? I'd be highly annoyed if I had to leave it with the Vodafone theme on it (although there's a Nokia one, it's mad boring). Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers,

Wes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

keep intuch man

Are you having the same problem as me? That you can't install anything? I thought it was just themes, but I tried installing Fexplorer, and it doesn't work either! I'm not gonna bother trying to install Smartmovie..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

keep intuch man

This is not related to unlocking the phone
    Use the following:

Menu -->
    Tools -->
    Manager -->
    Options -->
    Settings -->
    Software Installation-->
    Application Access-->On

yes we both are in the same boat
    and i am really trying hard to get the unlocking code
    dont wana spend 127 euros coz voda is really expensive
    see what happens :( u try ur best there il try my best here keep intuch if u get anyway out of thhis trap
    Wez wrote:
    Are you having the same problem as me? That you can't install anything? I thought it was just themes, but I tried installing Fexplorer, and it doesn't work either! I'm not gonna bother trying to install Smartmovie..

Brilliant post
    thanks for help will try when i will go home :)

wolfman wrote:
    This is not related to unlocking the phone
    Use the following:

Menu -->
    Tools -->
    Manager -->
    Options -->
    Settings -->
    Software Installation-->
    Application Access-->On

There is NO unlocking solution yet for the 6630, so save yourself the hassle. It's been out almost a year now and still nothing available for it.

129 euros for saving the hassele thata bit much

well if that trend continued i would say nokia will loose its market share

i dont wana spend 127 on this f***in thing
    just for unlocking

there has to be a way !!! :)

may b i am thinking too positive
    wolfman wrote:
    There is NO unlocking solution yet for the 6630, so save yourself the hassle. It's been out almost a year now and still nothing available for it.

• Advertisement

answered previously in this thread (now merged)
    Nokia 6630 / 6680 Security Error? cannot install themes or other apps.

TIP: how to find it? using the 'search this forum' facility to easiliy search through previous posts...

TIP: how to find it? using the 'search this forum' facility to go through previous posts...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

everytime i send an application or a theme to my phone from the computer and try to open it in my messages it says installation error or unable to open or install. This never happened on my old 6600 and its the same applications im trying to install. Is there anywhere on the phone i can change the trust settings or something so it will open and install these programs?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

everytime i send an application or a theme to my phone from the computer and try to open it in my messages it says installation error or unable to open or install. This never happened on my old 6600 and its the same applications im trying to install. Is there anywhere on the phone i can change the trust settings or something so it will open and install these programs?
    Thanks
    It's a security setting have a search on the forum.

Edit: here I did for you http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=265027&highlight=6630

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

irish1 wrote:
    It's a security setting have a search on the forum.

Edit: here I did for you http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=265027&highlight=6630

thanks a million that worked great

merge number 2!

TIP: using the 'search this forum' facility can easily search through previous posts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

Hi guys,
    I am trying to install jjkeylock on 6680 but keep getting security error. Any ideas what I can do please?

litirspam wrote:
    Any ideas what I can do please?

scroll up - and try a search next time ;)

Advertisement