Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ECW ONE NIGHT STAND on Sky Sports 1

• 07-06-2005 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Saw this advertised on Raw last night, this is great news, I wasn't even expecting it to be available to us but now its basically free to those with Sky. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Hang on, ECW is back?! Jeez, where've i been?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

What? is it new or old?? Is it .... ahh tell me more god damn it!

One thing i thought is that when figures were down for smackdown and they did the draft i thought that was all just about making Smackdown hardcore like ECW!
    It sure would have been cool!

Saw this advertised on Raw last night, this is great news, I wasn't even expecting it to be available to us but now its basically free to those with Sky. :D

Ah that was announced about 3 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Well I hadn't seen it, no harm in postin it anyway to let let those know who weren't aware.

Yeah, thanks ill definately check it out! Actually, whens it on? All people like Raven and Taz and Rhyno in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

ONE NIGHT STAND MATCHES

Lance Storm with Dawn Marie vs Chris Jericho

Extreme luchador action:
    Rey Mysterio vs Psychosis

A three way dance:
    The insane luchador Super Crazy vs Tajiri with Sinister Minister vs Little Guido

Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit

Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman vs Bubba & D-Von Dudley

ECW One Night Stand will feature special appearances by:
    Paul Heyman
    The return to PPV of Rob Van Dam with Bill Alfonso
    Tazz
    Spike Dudley
    Al Snow with Head
    Sabu
    Balls Mahoney
    Danny Doring and Roadkill
    CW Anderson
    Rhyno
    Joel Gertner
    Axl Rotten
    Justin Credible
    Kid Kash
    Masato Tanaka
    Mikey Whipwreck with Sinister Minister
    The BWO - Big Stevie Cool, Hollywood Nova, and The Blue Guy

Raven's not appearing because he's contracted to TNA. Terry Funk was supposed to be appearing, but he's now just doing the Hardcore Homecoming event that's on this weekend.
    Also, apparantly Joey Styles will be doing commentary for the one night stand.

Aw, Supercrazy-excellent! When is it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jesus christ, another ECW thread. Is this forum even moderated? This is the 3rd thread on this in the last 10/12 days :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Cant say enough good things about this PPV on just two threads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Cianan2 wrote:
    Aw, Supercrazy-excellent! When is it on?

This sunday on sky sports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

gimmick wrote:
    Jesus christ, another ECW thread. Is this forum even moderated? This is the 3rd thread on this in the last 10/12 days :rolleyes:

ECW MAN!!!! :big grin:

Might aswell psyche yourself out for it while it lasts, could be the last ever ECW-related event on this level

I doubt Joey Styles will be doing commentary, I'd expect (and hope) for Heyman and Tazz. It's been too long since Heyman commentated, he's the best commentator I've heard in WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

RVD gave away in an interview that Joey Styles would be doing commentary, even though he wasn't supposed to and now he could be in trouble with the WWE!

Joey Styles has said it himself anyway. Bit of an about turn on his part.. Apparently Mick Foley will be doing commentary aswell! He's always great to listen to. Looks like no Cactus Jack though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Mick Foley, while being a god and everything has kinda an annoying squeaky voice so i do know if i'd want to listen to it for 3 hours.

I also hope that the matches seen on RAW are just a tiny demonstration of the type of stuff we'll be seeing at the PPV this Sunday. and also that the Invasion planed by Bischoff, Angle and JBL doesnt end up with them winning and ECW gone forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I'm hoping that the invasion kicks off the show and WWE is booted out of the arena for the night as quickly as possible so there will be absolutely no interferance with matches. If any matches get interupted by a WWE invasion bloke I will very pissed off about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

That was ****ing great. I am in no way a current wrestling fan, not for the past 2 years maybe, and never was a huge ECW fan, but I really liked that.

And I've never seen the WWE break character before, like the word "writers" being used, and that Edge thing, was ****ing great. Then Austin, wow, I kept thinking he'd be there as a joke, then they called out for a beer, it was amazing. Just the presence of Mick Foley was enough. And Austin gave my favourite type of stunner, with the beer going everywhere, it was awesome. Then the WWE guys got everything they deserved, was nice to see Taz's last kind of match in the WWE with Angle, the first person he ever faced in the WWE. I thought the tag match before the chaos was very good too.

How come only certain WWE wrestlers were there? Not like Triple H, Kane, Taker etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

That was the best PPV in a goodlong two - three years......Maybe the Best since WM 17..... it was done with heart, and more importantly, with the fans in mind.....

Vince, more of the same for your own product would be nice....

And, apart from the Vengence ads, was'nt it nice to have 3 hours of Wrestling without HHH's shadow..... (i don't count Smackdown, well, cause I don't)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lamar

what a ****in event...best wrestling ppv ive seen in a while...****in amazing!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

can't wait to see it.

Would have liked one or two more matches maybe but overall a quality ppv. Absolutely amazing. It was great seeing Styles and Heyman get choked up without even saying a word.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i dont suppose this will be repeated again as i only got my Sky back this morning

i'm not very hopeful

That was brilliant...havent watched wrestling in so long but that was one of the best PPV's id seen in ages. Did ya see the cheese grater?!!

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i dont suppose this will be repeated again as i only got my Sky back this morning

i'm not very hopeful

I dont have Sky but was always lead to believe they repeated them often. Could be wrong though.

It was repeated on Moday evening, edited a good bit I heard, they usually repeat them just the once. DVD out next month though, definately getting that!

Advertisement