Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whoa Shins impressed with comreg shocker

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

It's a 6 month contract with 2 months free. It is not a 2 month free trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

damien.m wrote:
    It's a 6 month contract with 2 months free. It is not a 2 month free trial.
    Ah OK. I was confused by Shinzon's "But it also says that its another 2 months free trial". Still, the two month free period is only supposed to be offered once. Eircom should not be able to offer it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

it is effectively a new promotion so I'm not sure about that Scep

eircom are certainly providing inconsistent information to other operators as to the capabilities of Shins line. A line that had BB before should be flagged as a maybe in the database , if still in service it should be flagged as in service .

It should not be a fail

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

well as of 15.23 today the dsl light has come on my router, steady as a rock so far

Shin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

What does the line test database say now Shin ? :)

• Advertisement

Well all line checkers still say fail

Perplexing considering the damn things working now

Shin

ok for all bods associated with esat digiweb smart netsource etc etc, please look at the following picture, pay particular attention to 3 lights on the right hand side of the picture

You see that second light..... good... well thats the DSL sync light, see that its rock solid and im getting a dsl signal, dont you think thats strange considering the line tests your running now are saying fail

Just something i think you should note for future reference if i do decide to go looking for DSL off any of your comapnies in future

DSCI0044.jpg

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

As I said twice in this thread. I was told that if you have broadband the line will fail. I would suspect this was the problem all along.

paulm17781 wrote:
    As I said twice in this thread. I was told that if you have broadband the line will fail. I would suspect this was the problem all along.

and ive replied to you saying it wasnt, because the line was passing when the broadband was on the line the last time

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

paulm17781 wrote:
    You were told incorrectly. Various lines pass and fail, while all being BB enabled. Mine changes it's state every couple of months, yet I've 4MB/256K without any problems.
    .cg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Fair enough, I'll be eating my hat so... :D

Advertisement