Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its the junior tomorrow...im scared!

Options
  • 07-06-2005 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

I think it just hit me now that im really doing my junior tomorrow. And no matter how many times i tell myself that its not important at all IM STILL REALLY SCARED!! I dont wanna do this the english paper better be easy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

You could be in the shoes of all us leaving cert'ers. Don't worry about the J.C. So many people will have told you this but i'll repeat it: the minute after you have gotten your results, you will go "meh". And than you'll have a whole 2 years before you have to worry about exams again. Its only an exam. It's not measuring intelligence, or knowledge tbh. All it does is get you ready for the other exams you'll have to face some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Be calm and zen. Being nervous can't help at all.

I say, if you don't know it by now/time you're walking into the exam room, then you never will, so there's no point in getting worried. Just go over your stuff.
    And hell, you've been preparing for this for ages, and will undoubtedly have covered loads of way more difficult questions than you'll get in the exam.

I am dealing with the fact that it's tomorrow by eating cookies my sister has been baking for HER to deal with the fact that her Leaving Cert is tomorrow. While neither of us are studying. Life is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Yeah...thanks u guys(to be said in a phoney american accent)
    Hopefully we'll all be fine and no matter what subjects your doing it will definitely be over in 17 days! Then it will be summer....ahhhh :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Everybody calm the hell down being nervous isnt going to help anything is it? You'll still have to do the exams and nothing can be done about it. G'luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Tbh, JC means fúck all to me.I did what I could be arsed studying and Ill get the marks I deserve so meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

To think, there's about 20/30,0000 white envelopes sweeping the nation, with all our exam papers in. Wish I could even just peel the envelope open a little and have a quick look at the papers.

Good luck to everyone. We'll talk about the papers tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

just to say, good luck to everyone. I'm a bit nervous but defnitely more calm then i was earlier today. Just remember, all the work you've been doing in class all year, is study, so you are prepared. And anyway, everyone on this JC board is damn smart, so just think yourself into doing well, do what you can in the exam and then forget about it till september. good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Amen.
    Well may the force be with you all. Lets show those ppl what were made of! Im sure we;ll all do great, and if we dont, meh its only the junior!
    GOOD LUCK!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Just some advice to someone who needs it himself ;) ......Go into the test positive, have your mind set on the test...if you see a q you dont think you can do, TRY IT ANYWAY....you'll get marks somewhere along the line. Im sure we'll all do good anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Good luck to you all, 3 years on and I can't remember anything about the Junior, it's not important so try not to get all nervous about it, look at me I'm doing the leaving and I'm all calm and relaxed. :D

I keep saying that to myself....Its not important. But then again, as was said a few posts ago its something to be proud of. And if your a smart student like me :rolleyes: people expect you to do well(Pressure!! :mad: ) and thats why we unimportant third years moan about the jc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

people expect you to do well(Pressure!! :mad: ) ;)

I know the feeling, but what I'm trying to do is just do it for myself and not try to live up to other peoples expectations.

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

yah my sister keepz tellin me da j.c iz a loada ****!!but im still a little nervous.think ill be okay though....d only sectionz im worried about are personal writing on pI and fiction on pII......did any1 else read to kill a mockingbird 4 da exam?dat book waz a lot more boring than i thought....o well....btw irishstabber...know how ya feel...WAY too much pressure if ur a good student.....sumtimes i wish i was a juvenile delinquent..itd be so much easier!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Ah sure we'll be grand *Relaxes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

**hyperventilates**
    :p lol ya hopefully we will be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good luck, everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Casserine

Today was fine. English. Grand. Cool. Yep. I'm dreading tomorrow...my two worst subjects. Friday, same. Then I have the weekend to go over theorems etc for Maths II. Geography, a load of waffle. Then Tuesday, I'm actually looking forward to! History and French, my best subjects. Wednesday off, and Religion and Science on Thursday. I already have plans for Friday and Saturday, can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Rozabeez wrote:
    Everybody calm the hell down being nervous isnt going to help anything is it? You'll still have to do the exams and nothing can be done about it. G'luck.
    I'm gonna shout that at people as they go into their Irish exams tomorrow.

So I finally started studying at 11:30 today. You'll notice that's within the time of the exam. I came out early studied for about 3 mins. and then got some food. I still think I have an A in English. I'm just brilliant.

With pass Irish tomorrow will be so freakin' easy.

I wish they let you juggle in exams. That'd calm me down. I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing anyway. French and history are the only ones I ever worry about.

• Advertisement

you and me are on two different feet....hist and french will be a breeze, on the other hand I can never remember Irish vocab so letter postcard, diary entry all f**cked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I just waffle on with the Irish I learned in 6th class. I'll probably only get a B in pass Irish so you couldn't really say I'm good in Irish, just that it'll be an easy test. I haven't learned a word of Irish in the past 3 years. It's such a mind boggling language. I'm convinced that only a certain type of people can learn it after infancy.

haha i like that theory...
    Na I barely learned anythin the last 3 years...diff irish teachers, more than 3 :mad:
    lol and in primary we never done irish :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 X-Man

English 2 was ****in hard........ nutin fell right 4 me...... Irish and Maths 2moz...... :mad: :(

Advertisement