Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Party # 2 Chicken Stuffing

• 07-06-2005 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else was in City Limits on Sunday night for the Big Party #2 and saw the scantily dressed girl stuffing coconuts into raw chickens before chiselling them to pieces (the coconuts, not the chickens)??

All in the name of art and culture apparently

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

nope! - actually, I've never ever been to City Limits when I think about it... something tells me I never want to go now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I didn't see it either but I'm probably better off. Its at times like this I wonder what the hell has happened to the world. How can stuff like this be considered art???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

The minute you start saying what is and isn't art and compartmentalising it is when art starts dying and imagination starts to wither away. You'll get a lot of complete muck with such complete freedom but you'll also get some gems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Hmm, I see your point but at the same time, I just cant understand "stuffing coconuts into raw chickens before chiselling them to pieces". Oh well, I guess each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Dat's da culture, like. :)

But, yeah - freedom of expression for artists is a cool thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭tadhgrrr

ive no problem with freedom of expression...i was just a bit confused by the whole thing to be honest...wasnt really sure what she was trying to say (forgot to mention that there was a few sliced pans littered around the floor as carpet tiles and that when she was done with the chickens she hung them from the ceiling)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I hope that she scalded everything with boiling water afterwards. Don't want to be catching samonella, like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

And I thought Pollock was having a laugh - so glad I wasn't able to appreciate the artistic display at City Limits - I mean really, really, glad!!! But maybe the "artiste" in question was trying to make a Thai Curry and you lot just witnessed the marinading session..................

Advertisement