Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Hair/Grass Ball

• 07-06-2005 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭

**Sorry abt this being a bit graphic!!***
    Ok i woke up yesterday to the cat clawing the end of my bed..when I got up there was a tiny bit of spit with 2 blades of grass in it..All was well until abt 7:30pm he started wretching and puked up a big clump of grass?!?! Now he's been fine ever since - should I be worried?? There was vomit with the grass not jst spits...he dissapeared the night before for abt 20 mins - thats the first time he's ever left the garden in 2 years...do you think he might of ate something dodge and decided to puke it up!??!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Fuzzie Bear

Cats and dogs natural instincts are to eat grass when they feel ill as it settles their stomach and relieves them from hairballs. He could have ate something dodgy or he could have just been doing a lot of grooming and it all got caught up. If you're still worried, I would take him to a vet.

Sorry to be so serious, but thousands of cats die every year from hairballs. You should get him treats with malt in it to aid in the digestion of the hairballs.

Advertisement