Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poetry!!

Options
  • 07-06-2005 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hmm.. ok, am TOTALY ****ting the poetry question, as I only know three of the poets - Dickinson, Longley and Heaney!!

Boland, Kavanagh, Wordsworth and Yeats - I have not a NOTION of!

So, I (fearfuly) ask this question.....
    More than likely Wordsworth or Yeates will come up wont they :mad: ???

Does anyone know of a site where I can get an analysis of the poetry of the four poets mentioned above??

;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Well Im learning Dickenson, Heany and Yeats. Im leaving it at that. If they dont come up ill slit my wrists and my blood will be on the state examination commissioner's hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

ditto... I'm prepared for Dickinson (A1) or Boland (A2)... I meant to learn Yeats too over the last 2 weeks but I didn't. He's not very fresh in my memory. If one of the chicks comes up i'm fine though...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

I know Dickinson. If she doesn't come I'll slit my wrists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

Do you think, will more than likely Dickenson come up??
    I hope to god she does - I know her off by heart!!

But Yeats and wordworth are just TOO old fashioned to stay fresh in my memory!!

"If they dont come up ill slit my wrists and my blood will be on the state examination commissioner's hands." - Haha.. quality!!

x

Dickinson and Yeats are the most likely.

Then Boland and Heaney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

its a toss up between Dickinson and Yeats, to which is my favourite. Apartently they are the two, most strongly predicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doe

I doubt Heaney will come up coz he was only on the year before last. Wordsworth is being taken of the course as is Dickinson so they are prob on.

Do u think i'll be safe just learning personal responses to each poet? How are ye all preparing?

So more than likely, the main three should be Yeats, Wordworth and Dickinson?

Ohh and has anyone been studying T.S eliot?
    I was out of school the past few weeks and I dont know if he was covered?

Are we all studying our poetry from "New Discovery"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doe

and Boland coz she's female. though it would be great if she came up she's not as likely as dickinson.

oh and my poetry book is 'poetry now' .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

This site is great. http://www.sparknotes.com/poetry/yeats/

It probably has all the poets. I've only checked a few of them..

• Advertisement

Nnooooooooooooooooooooo Bolands HORRIBLE!!
    Her poetry wont stick in my head!!

Thanks for that link Jonny, youre great for them!!
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Thanks for the link, jonny!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Word of warning though, a few years back, maybe five or six Heaney was a dead cert to come up. Was published in papers and everything that he would be there.
    I dont need to tell you what happened but needless to say there was boys and girls crying there eyes out in examination centres all around the country.

Oh and i'm doing yeats boland Kavanagh and longley for back up. I'd like to replace longly with dickonson anyone got notes on her?

Cheers
    Shoutman :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

ah right just spotted thread entitled Dickonson. I guess i'll have a look in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

I just learned Dick-in-son and Boland, should be grand.

Advertisement