Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement MPH -> KPH Dials ?

Options
  • 07-06-2005 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there's anyone doing replacement dials for cars now that we're all KPH?

I know it's already on there, but though it would be handy if I could remove the MPH from the display.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Ring your local main dealer for a quote...I rang Ford & they quoted an estimated €300 to replace with a kph speedo! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

I was in Halfords the other day and they had them, im sure most other motor factors have them aswell, dunno about the price tho.

ubu wrote:
    I was in Halfords the other day and they had them, im sure most other motor factors have them aswell, dunno about the price tho.
    Kool.....were they expesive....the main dealer was insisting on replacing the whole unit but it would be handy just to get a cardboard/plastic inset instead that will do the same job

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

fletch wrote:
    Ring your local main dealer for a quote...I rang Ford & they quoted an estimated €300 to replace with a kph speedo! :eek:

thats not unreasonable when they charge 150-200 for a basic service when u think about it. still a waste of money when most cars have dual readings anyway and besides its easy to know what speed to do in mph after a bit of studying ;)

lomb wrote:
    thats not unreasonable when they charge 150-200 for a basic service when u think about it. still a waste of money when most cars have dual readings anyway and besides its easy to know what speed to do in mph after a bit of studying ;)
    Suppose.....but I was kinda jus expecting them to pop in some cover over the mph speedo or somethin to that effect

• Advertisement

fletch wrote:
    Suppose.....but I was kinda jus expecting them to pop in some cover over the mph speedo or somethin to that effect

hmmm, dont think a main dealer would mess around with bits of cardboard tbh. thats foe aftermarket suppliers.

main dealers will replace the instrument cluster and bill u for it, which is why by my reakoning 300 is pretty good fo that service. still not one id waste any money on, why does anyone need a kph only dial anyway? after a little studying u know that 50 kph is 32 mph and so on....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Just learn the conversion chart.

"If I see a sign for 50kph that means 32mph"
    (or whatever the exact figure)

If you use a piece of paper, however good it looks, your odomoter will still be in miles.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There was a seller on eBay who sold stickers that stick on the exisiting dials that are Km/h only. Of course you'd need to take out the dials and carefully place the stickers on which I would assume means you need to remove the pointers/hands too

http://stores.ebay.de/jedemDesigne

Of course, as vector says, the odometer will still be miles.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

depending on the cluster/car, you could get one from ebay.de and have it re-coded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

i got a set of white kph dials from e-bay.de,i fitted them myself but had to remove the needles,looks good now though :D
    just type in "tachoscheiben" with the car & loads should come up.

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    depending on the cluster/car, you could get one from ebay.de and have it re-coded.

for less than 300? i doubt it and then theres the hassle. easier to learn conversions :)

Advertisement