Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thief 4

Options
  • 07-06-2005 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Anybody heard anything on any plans or developments for another sequel to the thief series?
    Great game, be even better if they had another one!

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't the group go out of business?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I dont think theres been even a hint about a 4th, but whose to say. Either way, if there is ever a 4th they should either make wall climbing worth a fecking damn or give us back our rope arrows. Oh and levels bigger than a shoebox - maybe consoles cant handle it, but thats what ports are for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I looked into it and they did shut down so no thief 4 unfortunately.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

A level editor was released recently and there are a load of people planning new levels & expansions including one to remake T3 with bigger zones, so no misty portals. Otherwise, it looks as though the series is dead for now. Eidos , I think, still have the rights but it remains to be seen what happens now Eidos are being bought out.

See www.ttlg.com for more info, if you're a big thief fan, like me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Someone must still own the rights to the Thief series.

I think one of the people who worked on Deadly Shadows is doing the stealth stuff in Oblivion, so I'll get my stealth fix in that later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Eidos have really runined all their big name games and franchises
    deus ex 2, Champ man 5, tomb raider(still making a new one) list goes on
    can only hope they will be bought out and some other team may continue the names
    ...waiting on deus ex 3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

The original theif was done by "through the looking glass studios". They indeed went bust, but eidos as far as i know bought the rights.

I think its a great series myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Yep, damn shame Looking Glass got done in. Quality doesnt win out in the face of marketing sadly.

I just managed to get System Shock 2 to run on my new PC after months of trying and its still a bloody good game - Ive also installed some of the fan made projects that dickey up the textures and have redone the creatures and their animations so theyre much better looking. Obviously still not a patch on modern games graphical quality but the gameplay is still well in advance of the dross being released as big name titles these days. And I managed to beat Shodan this time \0/ This time it was the Many that was a pr1ck to beat, whilst Shodan was easy enough, which was the exact reverse of how I remembered it before - Shodan was unbeatable back then.

Another thing is that the weapon degradation isnt as big a deal as it was/is made out to be. I think that it was just right, as it made the maintence skill relevant - the repair skill on the other hand is practically pointless on the other hand. All in all its a game that simply hasnt been equalled by anything before or since. Except in sales, where simplistic stuff outsold it:|

I just hope that, seeing as EA are preventing any fan remakes of SS2 or mods based on it, that BioShock serves as a true successor and doesnt become consolfied as Deus Ex 2 was. I saw the video interview with Ken Levine and it sounds promising.

Advertisement