Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few Questions on the whole thing...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

they can stop us sitting our exams unless we're in full uniform!! we're talking skirts and shoes here lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Hm...the mobile phone thing: I just got a 7610 like 2 days ago (VERY fancy phone JIC you dont know) so i aint leaving it wit noone! Also need it to get home! Feck it if they know (somehow) i have it on me then thats just my luck.

Would you advise a cushion? I dunno obut anyone else but im gonna have a real uncomfortable seat when i sit it so i may wish to. Anyone?

An age old trick-writing on the table! May do this for a few quotes or something anyone else gonna be at it? Haha!

Still doesnt seem like its tomorrow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

Id never chance writing on the table!!

What I will do though, is oce I get my paper 2, asap scribble all the quotes I can think of all over the paper!!

They cant say anything to you for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I wouldnt worry bout the uniform to be honest, wearing your civvies just makes it feel like more of a big deal than it is. My school let us wear what we wanted for ours, only bout half the people actually bothered to wear non-uniform, your better off goin into the whole thing with the same attitude and state of mind as you did for your christmas exams and you probably wore uniforms for them.

The more you try to think of it as part of your normal school routine the less stressed you'll get about the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭randombassist

Lynibeth wrote:
    What exam was on today??
    :eek: It started today?! Damn I had a feeling I was meant to be doing someting! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

:eek: It started today?! Damn I had a feeling I was meant to be doing someting! ;)

OH NOES! :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

ANOTHER QUESTION

When were the papers made out? Like how long before were they made out? Anyone have a clue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

most were around christmas till easterish

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

But remember that if for some reason you have an alarm set on your phone, it will go off even if your phone is off. Just leave your stuff in your locker!!

If you're caught writing on the table, that's counted as cheating and you won't be allowed sit state exams or three years (or is it five?) so it'll bugger your chances of going to college. Not worth the risk of having one or two extra quotations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

I have a few questions posted here

please answer them I will post them here also if thats ok

ESSAY

if i do a personal essay, must I be the only character (I like haveing numerous related charcters in my essay kind of like Tom Clancy)

In a short story how important is the title, how relevant does the essay have to be in relevance to the title, how far can I strecth it

If i am writing an essay on a picture from text 1 is it ok if that pic is just mentioned as a passerby/scene in the background are do they have to be fundamental to the essay??

Poems

Can someone please give me a quote from a critic on Dickinson please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

I have a few questions posted here

please answer them I will post them here also if thats ok

ESSAY

if i do a personal essay, must I be the only character (I like haveing numerous related charcters in my essay kind of like Tom Clancy)

In a short story how important is the title, how relevant does the essay have to be in relevance to the title, how far can I strecth it

If i am writing an essay on a picture from text 1 is it ok if that pic is just mentioned as a passerby/scene in the background are do they have to be fundamental to the essay??

Poems

Can someone please give me a quote from a critic on Dickinson please?
    Conrad Aiken (American port and critic) said
    "she probed death daily, she died all her life"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Any empty lockers in ur school? You could bring in a lock and leave your stuff in there? That's what we did, a few friends shared one. Or leave it with the attendant, they're meant to look after it. Or switch it off and ask the supervisor can you leave it up with them.

Advertisement