Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my bookies odds for the poetry question!!!

• 07-06-2005 3:54pm

i was just down at the bookies!he has it evens yeats 2/1dickinson and 5/2boland!heaney is the outsider at15/1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

20 euro on yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

please god let it be dickinson, please god!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Eliot will be there. :cool: Ive discussed it with him we bantered and hes agreed to be there in exchange for keeping his thumbs (and yes I do know hes dead, but even dead people have thumbs,albeit mouldy boney ones)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

Eh... Wheres ma Wordsworth????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I only prepared Bolad, Dickinson and Heaney so one of them better come up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Good Luck lads and ladettes with whatever comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

one of em should. Im doing 3 now.

Eh... Wheres ma Wordsworth????????
    Eliot killed him.....ya sorry about that ,the guys a bit outta control * turns around* "HEY!Back in your grave mister" *Slap*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

i'm only doing dickenson and if she doesn't come up ye will all be there laughing thinking ' ha i bet that girl in boards is crying now'

ive not even LOOKED at eliot!

• Advertisement

i'm only doing dickenson and if she doesn't come up ye will all be there laughing thinking ' ha i bet that girl in boards is crying now'

I actualy WILL think that now, if it happens!!!
    haha

I will honestly be thinking "****, that poor girl"
    Xx

I actualy WILL think that now, if it happens!!!
    haha

I will honestly be thinking "****, that poor girl"
    Xx

ah don't you worry she's coming up i just hoped into doc browns plutonium powered delorean 'time-machine' and checked it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

deek wrote:
    Eliot killed him.....ya sorry about that ,the guys a bit outta control * turns around* "HEY!Back in your grave mister" *Slap*

You know... i'd actually laugh if i hadn't prepared Wordsworth! You wreck ma leaving cert deek & ill hunt you down!!!!! ;)

If Eliot doesnt come up just know that somewhere out there a girl will be silently plotting her revenge while begrudgingly starting her soon to be crappy Yeats essay. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I can see dickinson coming in by a short head but id still go each way on yeats and boland. I think heaney has been put out to stud whereas it will be Yeats first time out. Wordsworth is a classic stayer and cannot be ruled out.

that is horsey talk for having only studied dickinson, yeats and boland

dickenson before boland she already came up

Boland is one hard woman to study.

Please god be Dickinson!

Please god be Dickinson!
    please god :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭randombassist

Ah, Boland. Only she has the ability to be so pretentious as to compare the 6 million dead in WWII to a horse standing on her flower. You've got to admire that all the same :p I'm hoping for a bit of Eliot, just worried about being able to write it all in the amount of time we have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

please god :(

please PLEASE god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

where in the blasphomous hell is my longley????????? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Ah, Boland. Only she has the ability to be so pretentious as to compare the 6 million dead in WWII to a horse standing on her flower. You've got to admire that all the same :p
    I always thought it was the northern troubles!!

Yeats: Pretension personified!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

where in the blasphomous hell is my longley????????? :eek:

Exactly what I'm thinking! But i think he might have come up before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

he came up in 2003 and 2002 i think!i hope either he, dickinson or yeats come up--they have to come up, thats all ive done.and i dont know anyother poems well enough to wing it!come on michael, emily and william!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkdaisy

maybe im being really stupid and not thinkin bout this properly, but say i was the person who set the english exam and knew exactly what poet was coming up. cud i walk into my local bookies and place a bet and win lotsa cash? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Boland the mega cow! Marries has kids and lives a decent life yet she moans and moans and moans. I refuse to study here one way or the other her and her horse! Dickenson is the general concensus? Paddy Power cant be wrong. If she dosn't come up then there is going to be alot of wrist slashing by the looks of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

he came up in 2003 and 2002 i think!i hope either he, dickinson or yeats come up--they have to come up, thats all ive done.and i dont know anyother poems well enough to wing it!come on michael, emily and william!!

I'm with you on that one! They're my favourites so I find them so much easier to write about, I hate writing with feigned enthusiasm for poets I don't really like.

Wordsworth, I'm referring to you.

the last time he came up was 2002, same as boland so 1 of them has to come up!!!!! :) :eek: :rolleyes: ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

hit the showers wordsworth.

• Advertisement

TimAy wrote:
    hit the showers wordsworth.

you talking to me?

the "he" i was referring to was longley ;)

but if you were not talking to me i totally agree with you on wordsworth, and while he is in the shower im gonna whip his ass with a lil towel......"quit squeelin' wordy!!" is what i will say!!!!!! :cool:

oh ye

Advertisement