Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long Hair cut

• 07-06-2005 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Ive been growing long hair for quite a while (nearly a year) but lately its just gotten too unkempt, so Ive decided to get it cut, proabably lose half the length. The question is where ? Im living in cork and I dont trust barbers to cut it cos they usually deal with shorter hair , and I dont want to a hairdressers because its pretty awkward as your usually the only man in the whole place .

Can anyone recommend somewhere ? maybe from past experience ? itd be a great help thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I got my hair trimmed in a barber's after letting it grow for about a year. They did a grand job, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 pookie pixie

Do you have a girlfriend??Guaruntee she'll do a class job if you trust her cause we know how to do it properly.My ex used to make me cut it all the time(also long hair) and it was perfect.Now he has to get his mum to do it(shudder and laugh intensly).She does such a crap job :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Just go to a salon. Its perfectly normal for a guy to go into one, I've seen guys with short hair even go into one. And yeah, you're usually the the only guy there(at the time), but anytime I've gone half the hairdressers have been guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Ania

Please cut your hair, guys!
    We are living in 2005.
    There are, indeed, some guys who look good with shoulder- long hair, but that's only one in a 1000!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Ania.
    Do you trim the hedges at all?

• Advertisement

sometimes

Good girl then you do as you please just like the dude with the hair, if he wants long hair he keeps long hair, as for 2005 and all that ball**ks people follow their own dress sence. just like you do eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Ania wrote:
    There are, indeed, some guys who look good with shoulder- long hair, but that's only one in a 1000!
    That's true, but the real issue is how they look relative to what they look like when it's short. I'd never describe myself as good looking either way, but I look far better when it's longish

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Admittedly that's partly because it draws attention away from and covers up some of my deficiencies. But anyway what RedRaven said, it's 2005, it's a matter of personal taste. It's not like the 60s or 70s, I'm not trying to make a "statement" or anything.

To the OP, never had any experience with hair cuts in Cork, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with hairdressers and guys. I've only got my hair cut in a barbers once, hairdressers the rest of the time. Never even considered that it might be awkward tbh. If it's just a cut, nothing special you'd be talking €20 at the absolute max.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Theres nothing wrong with guys having long hair, as long as they keep it maintained. Like getting the weight cut out of it etc. Long hair on a guy can look just as good as long hair on a girl, its just that most guys with long hair dont take care of it as well as girls do, e.g. just letting it grow for months and months without getting it cut at all.

I'd never go to a barbers after going to a hairdressers, ever if I had short hair, its just on a different level, especially for a guy whos gone to a barbers all their life. Girls have no idea because they've never been to a barbers.

I will not and don't want to stop anybody if he wants to have long hair.
    It's just my opinion that I detest long hair on men.
    And most girls prefer short hair on men.

My boyfriend once had long hair (he looked like an angel with his blond curls) and one night I cut them while he was sleeping.
    Strange that he wasn't angry at all, perhaps he realized that he looks much better with short hair, as every boy does.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

jesus christ you are a ****ing bitch

Mordeth - banned for one week, personal insults.

Ania wrote:

My boyfriend once had long hair (he looked like an angel with his blond curls) and one night I cut them while he was sleeping.
    Strange that he wasn't angry at all, perhaps he realized that he looks much better with short hair, as every boy does.
    Thats a really selfish thing to do, he should have returned the favor!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I've often seen guys in Peter Marks, and they doa good job too! (And they're everywhere now, Winthrop St., Merchants Quay, Mahon Point, Wilton...) (there might be one in the Blackpool shoppin Center too, but I'm not sure)
    it's about €39 for a wash cut and blowdry, but they do a good job and noone will look at you, cause you won't be the only guy in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Hair is hair... it grows it gets cut!! experiment while you can and if you dont like it change it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

when i was younger i had really long hair.
    as for going into the hair salon...
    when my hair was as long as it was it wouldn't have made any sense to go to a barber who is used mainly to keeping hair short... i used to go to hair salons all the time to have my hair kept tidy and never thought there was anything wrong with it... if you look in the advertisement for even the most girly looking hair salon, you will see that they have UNISEX written there somewhere. they are professional hair stylists for both men and women (most of them). afterall, it wouldn't make sense for them only to concentrate on ladies as they'd be halving their potential customer base as such.

about my long hair... i used to love it, didn't care what anyone else thought, i liked it. i had it long for about 3 years, then one da i decided to get it cut. i went to peter marks in golden island shopping centre in athlone and the senior stylist there, catherine, cut my hair and gave me a kind of messy style to it. people hadn't seen me with short hair for years, and they all reckoned it really improved my image. but the best thing of all was when i got home i decided to wash my hair to get rid of the loose clippings... i managed to wash my hair and towel dry it, and was ready to go again in about 3 minutes. when it was long it was such a drawn out process to keep it clean, with the drying and everything. you wouldn't believe the relief... and no more 'bad hair days' either. i'd always recommend anyone to have it cut to give themselves a fresh look and save time on maintaining it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Ania wrote:

I'd have put immac in your shampoo if you did that to me, i agree 100% with mordeth on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ania wrote:

You're scary! You cant just cut someone's hair while theyre sleeping! That's just wrong...how would you feel if someone did that to you? :eek:

echomadman wrote:
    I'd have put immac in your shampoo if you did that to me, i agree 100% with mordeth on this one.

Good idea. If she did it to me I'd use acid though.

Did Mordeth ban himself or ban Ania?

• Advertisement

oh he banned himself, definetly.

Thats the only explanation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I was in a house party in Celbridge a while ago, this girl came in and was trying to cut my hair. I chased her out of the room we were asleep in.. She's actually so lucky.. I woulda shaved her head bald, then started on her eyebrows!

hehehe...good old celbridge weirdos.

Advertisement