Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last games you bought?

Options
  • 07-06-2005 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭

What are the last 3 games you bought? Were they on impulse? Based on reviews? Did you like them, are you still playing them, or were they a disappointment? Are they now gathering dust?

I've only bought 2 recently...

Warioware Twisted. I was a fan of the original GBA game, and of the DS game, so as soon as the USA version was released, I ordered it. I received it last week (just as well, seeing as the euro release has been delayed for another few months). Fantastic fun, and much better than Warioware Touched on the DS. The minigames, toys and souvenirs are really cool too, and make you want to keep playing. "Up there" with the original GBA warioware.

PacPix (DS). Bought on impulse over the weekend, and I don't regret it. It really gets tricky later on (I'm stuck on chapter 5 (of 12) in book 1, and there is a second (harder) book afterwards. Fun game....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

last 3 ::

all xbox >>

Forza: wanted.
    MC3 : wanted but the bro bought it on impulse.
    Rugby05 : impulse

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The last game I bought new in a shop was Champions: Return to Arms for the PS2. I needed a new multiplayer game to play with my nephew and he enjoyed the Baldur's Gate games on the PS2. Although we haven't played it too much as he's become obsessed with Lego Star Wars since seeing Revenge of the Sith.

I picked up some second hand games recently too (from a seller on boards)... including Majora's Mask for the N64 and Metroid: Zero Mission. I really got stuck into Zero Mission, and I've almost got it beat except for the very last two space pirates who keep killing me before I can escape..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I've a terrible memory but I think it's this:

Alien Hominid(PS2) - discovered the limited signed edition was available so bought it on impulse

Mercury(PSP) - based on reviews and what I'd heard about it(and I wasn't disappointed!)

Mario Party 6- based on it being always fun in multiplayer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Megaman Anniversary collection: I've been waiting almost a month for this so have a feeling it's lost in postland. 8 classics that are some of the best games ever made at a decent price. It can't be bad.

Devil May Cry 3: Bastard hard game but still excellent. Bought on the strength of the reviews and my love of most things Capcom.

Viewtiful Joe 2: Played it only to see if it worked. Too similar to DMC3 so am waiting until I finish that before I start this game. Bought because of good reviews and because I love the first game.

All 3 made by Capcom, weird :D

Haven't bought much else recently. Was saving for my PC upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

All Xbox:

NBA Live 2005
    Tiger Woods 2005
    Madden NFL 2005

(EA Sports are making a killing off me every year)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bought Advance Wars the other day and can't put it down. fantastic stuff, can't believe I waited this long to buy it, read the recent article in Edge about it and had to get a copy. Bought Chronicles of Riddick escape from Butcher Bay, another great and now quite cheap title for the Xbox, very good indeed. Also bought Untold Legends for the PSP, its very nice indeed, wanted to play a dungeon trawler and also wanted something new for the PSP, then killed 2 birds with one stone. I have also been filling up my home collection of PS1 titles, especially now that they have gotten very cheap to pick up 2nd hand, got Wipeout 2097 and a few others for €3 each, not so bad, now if only a copy of Castlevania SOTN would turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Bought Metroid Fusion and Donkey Kong Country 2 'cos I got a DS and figured I'd invest in the back catalogue of GBA games.

When I was in the Game store I decided to take a look at the Doom 3 expansion but didn't really intend on buying it. They were selling it for €30 so I said fekkit, I'll get it!

After the guy scanned it in he went out to the shelf and started taking the copies off the shelves. Turns out they'd just marked it wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The last game i bought was Midnight Club 3 dub edition, pre-owned on xbox a couple of weeks ago, still playing it for the odd hour here and there. Pretty graphics and not as rock hard as its predecessor. There's some great fun to be had when you've got a fast car or bike, nitrous, and some ridiculous ramps and hills.
    Before that... probably Outrun 2 (again preowned) on xbox. It was good for about 3 minutes.
    And before that... Trackmania sunrise on PC. Fun but short lived.

Next purchase: GTA SA on PC. I know its out in the states today - anyone know of any Irish shops likely to break the June 10th release date on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

last three games, hmm...
    well, there was SWG last weekend, kinda like it too.
    Bought a GC and am seriously hooked on Tales of Symphonia now,
    will be getting a PS2 on thursday now, and might get DMC 3 for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Empire earth 2 - fantastic game, AI and skirmish options are top notch, map editor is easy to use and quite good, single player campaigns while not too hard are interesting. plus i was a fan of the first game so i had to get it.

Eve Online - easy low maintenance game i dont mind paying the monthly fee for.

Everquest 2 - i like this game a lot, but im going on holiday at the end of this week and saw no point in renewing my subscription for 2 weeks and losing 2 weeks cos of holiday, renewal when i return :)

planned purchases - Battlefield 2 and City of heroes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

GTA:SA for the PC. Posted today from play. Been waiting for this for a long time.

Tiger Woods 2004 for the GBA. Nice game for killing time, got it with the GBA.

F-Zero GP Legend for the GBA. Got it with the GBA too, brought back memories of the SNES game so I had to have it. Don't play it nearly as much as Tiger Woods though.

Haven't had any money to buy games, so San Andreas is the only one I've gotten since Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

a bunch of preowned games for the xbox. all fairly smeh (despite being games that xbox fanbois rave about)
    Eternal Darkness & Resident Evil for the gamecube - replacing games that i'd previously sold when short on cash :o

and my play.com order for San Andreas pc posted earlier this afternoon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Guild wars.
    Before that, Trackmania : Sunrise.
    BF2 will be my next purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

xbox: halo2 (preowned) for only 15eur
    pc: brothers in arms bit of a disappointment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Skies of Arcadia Legends(GC) - normally I'm not a huge RPG fan, but I'm really enjoying this so far. And it was only 7.50 :) *hugs staff discount*
    Yoshi's Touch and Go (DS) - It's fun while it lasts. Wish I'd spent less than 30 euro on it though, it's short-lived.
    TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (GC) - I LOVE this. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Jade Empire - Really wanted it based on IGN giving it 9.9 but then my xbox wont read the disc (long story) so just this evening borrowed my mates xbox to play it.

Pariah - not as bad as people say on boards but no groundbreaker either.

Brothers in Arms - Loved it.

(all Xbox in case thats not evdient)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

PC:
    KotOR II - Sith Lords
    (Haven't really played it yet, just got it 3 days ago)

GBA:
    Astro Boy - Omega Factor (nice on the go)
    Metroid Fusion (Haven't played this yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

PC: Championship manager 5 - possibly worst football game ever made, a complete waste of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 16 (PC - Different but quite good)
    Silent Hunter III (PC - Not bad, needs a long session though)
    Action Replay Max (PS2 - does it count as a game?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

PC: Boiling Point
    PS2: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
    Xbox: Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge Of The Sith

All of the above I bought on Saturday, all impulse buys.
    Boiling Point - Sh*t. At least till it gets mega patched.
    Star Wars - Sh*t. Haven't a clue why I bought it.
    DBZ3 I'm still playing, I mainly bought it because the second one was a good laugh, still playing it now, and still having a laugh. It's fun like...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

World of ****ing Warcraft..........

There is no other game.

I'm only posting because I'm bored because it's still 1 hour and 44 minutes until the server comes back up. Damn them and their maintenence upgrades, why can't they patch other servers and swap them over using network chicanary!!! I'VE JUST DINGED 40! I'VE GOT 47G! AND I HAVEN'T EVEN SKILLED UP YET!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Three budget titles for the PC:

-Neverwinter Nights
    -Deus Ex
    -Z:Steel Soldiers

Played half of Deus Ex's first level, seems fun, played a few hours of Neverwinter Nights, not as much fun as Baldur's Gate but I like it. I know if I buy GTA:SA I will stop playing everything else until I finish it...so haven't ordered it yet. But will probably crack sometime this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Last games I bought.......

Electroplankton, great fish-music type stuff that's kept me entertained almost as much as animal crossing did.

Wario Ware touched, short, but incredible fun while it lasts and a great way to get funny looks in the bus/train.

Beyond Good and Evil, got this before christmas, college got in the way of games.......fantastic game, great story, characters and great fun to play.

I intend to go fetch RE4, Paper Mario 2 or Pikmin 2 but I really couldn't be bothered for now, having too much fun with tower of goo, wik and the fable of souls, and some other free games i've been playing around with the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Grayarea

Xbox: Forza
    PC: Silent Hunter III
    Xbox: Doom III

Silent hunter is great, but you do need some time to play.
    Forza is the best raceing game I have ever played. Cannot wait to use this on xbox live.
    Doom is a very good conversion and excellent online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

i picked up Guardian heros advance and Shining force for the GBA in smyths for the princely sum of 50Euro.

Guardian heros kicks several flavours of ass..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Hmm, I've gone on a bit of a buy frenzy over the last 2 months (well, it was a frenzy for me anyway) and bought 7 games.

I believe the 3 most recent were:

1) SWAT 4 (very good, but im thinking far too short. I've only had it 3 days and I'm already on mission 11 of 14. And that's 3 working days, too!)

2) Star Wars Jedi Academy. I'm exceptionally easily influenced and seeing Episode 3 got me gagging for some good light sabre action. My research led me to believe this was the best SW game for that. I don't know if that's true yet, as it only arrived in my lap here in work a few hours ago!

3) I think it was probably Pirates! Fun for about 5 hours, but extremely extremely repetitive. I couldn't believe all the glowing reviews in magazines and places like Gamespot. Very little variety, all the fights are the same, there's only 2 storeyline bad guys that you go after again and again and again. Nice graphics, fun idea, kept me avidly hooked for 5 hours, but then, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

World of Warcraft... I had some sort of a life before the damn thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

PC Cossacks II: haven't actually installed it yet
    PC Traffic Giant 2 (second hand): No instructions, so don't believe I got the best from it :). Uninstalled last night
    XBox Midnight Club Dub: Quite dull to begin with, but once you start making money, it's quite a lot of fun.

Next purchase: Inevitably, GTA:SA on the XBox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

corblimey wrote:
    XBox Midnight Club Dub: Quite dull to begin with, but once you start making money, it's quite a lot of fun.
    i just gave up after 10 races.
    dull, generic ****e imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Baten Kaitos for the Gamecube: still playing this above average RPG after over 60 hours.

Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2, Gamecube: alright, kinda annoying though so i'm not playing it atm.

Resident Evil 4, Gamecube: Completed but amazing game.

Advertisement