Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last games you bought?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Grayarea wrote:
    Xbox: Forza
    whats that actually like? the only racing game i ever liked was GT on the ps1 how similar is it? do you need to win races to gain money to upgrade the cars? and licenses for the better races?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    whats that actually like? the only racing game i ever liked was GT on the ps1 how similar is it? do you need to win races to gain money to upgrade the cars? and licenses for the better races?

It's basically GT for the xbox except better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

What are the last 3 games you bought? Were they on impulse? Based on reviews? Did you like them, are you still playing them, or were they a disappointment? Are they now gathering dust?
    GTA: SA - Played bits and pieces of the PS2 version, and if it's anything like GTA3 or Vice City then it's got to be good! Still waiting on my sister to come home with it... only about another hour of waiting to go :)

NFSU:2 - Bought on the strength of the demo, played it to death, loved it, still installed but haven't played it in a good while... it just doesn't feel as fast on my TFT.

HL2 - Bought based on preview footage and general hype, still installed, but I haven't bothered playing it through more than once... shocking I know :p

These are all PC versions by the way, I haven't bought a console game in years (although obviously I'm a fan of some of the console -> PC conversions :p)
    I've been burned way too many times buying games I've never heard of on impulse... of course that was mostly back in the era of cartridges, where you don't usually get to play a demo of it.... still, some hard lessons learned with all the shít games I've bought over the years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

GTA (SA) - about 5 minutes ago. Think I can safely say it will be good.
    Boiling Point Road to Hell - Genius imho even with the bugs.
    Beyond Good and Evil - budget. Excellent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bought a few yesterday. These are just initial impressions.

Halo 2: Disappointingly average the second time playing this. At least there is the fantastic Co-op mode.
    Zelda Minish Cap: It's zelda by Nintendo/Flagship Capcom. Therefore its brilliant. I didn't expect anything less.
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Excellent little puzzle game
    Mr. Driller Drill Spirits: Frustrating yet maddeningly addictive puzzler. Should more than tide me over until I get round to ordering Meteos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Add GTA:SA (PC) to my initial list. Looking forward to tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

GTA San Andreas, bought yesterday evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

HL2 - Bought based on preview footage and general hype, still installed, but I haven't bothered playing it through more than once... shocking I know :p
    not really i didnt think HL2 had much replayablity either only played through it once too :|

and guess i will get froza on the xbox now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

GTA:SA

it's good,you know? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Call of Duty - One of the best games I have ever played - and Silent Hunter III - the best subsim I have ever played. I just know the next game I buy is gonna be a dud... Law of Averages and all that. (Having said that, I bought Silent Hunter II a few years ago and that was sh*te, so maybe it all evens out anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Chronicles of Riddick (pc) - seems alright... I'm not too big into the FPS genre these days though.

Gamecube
    Viewtiful Joe - bought for the second time
    PN03 - ditto
    Super Mario Sunshine - same
    Ikaruga - haven't had a chance to play it yet :( (that's a lie actually. Killer7 arrived in the post today, just as i'd sat down with a mug of tea ready for some black on white action)
    Smash Bros Melee - seems like a weak sp game...
    Killer7 - holy **** this is good!

now all i need to do is find time to play them all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Last ones I got:
    PN03 (GC) - fun, and well worth the fiver I paid for it
    SSX 3 (GC) - also fun... but July is not the time to be playing a snowboarding game. Also only a fiver though :D
    Halo 2 (Xbox) - haven't got around to playing it yet... Still not finished Halo 1 yet. Stupid Xbox controller. Seriously thinking of getting rid of the Xbox.
    Astro Boy: Omega Factor (GBA) - :D:D:D:D:D:D Astro Boy is love. It's sooooo good.
    Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA) - enjoying this... I'm stuck though. Just don't want to have to go into devil mode.

And my current wish list?
    Killer 7! Want it... am paid on Friday... have 2 weeks off work starting on Saturday... must fight temptation!
    Also Ikaruga, Meteos, WarioWare Twisted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

GC- F-Zero GX and Timesplitters 2 both second hand.

Loving them both but I need to pick one alone to get stuck into. F Zero is rock though.

Still have to finish Skies of Arcadia. So many games so little time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Halo 2 (Xbox) - haven't got around to playing it yet... Still not finished Halo 1 yet. Stupid Xbox controller. Seriously thinking of getting rid of the Xbox.
    heh. i did a couple of weeks ago. hadn't played it in over 3 weeks and i started getting sick of it taking up so much space :p
    very unimpressive selection of games for that console, it's way too noisy and the controllers are crap.
    gamecube for life etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

GC- F-Zero GX and Timesplitters 2 both second hand.
    Great choice :)
    I bought these games together... the day F-Zero GX came out.
    tman wrote:
    heh. i did a couple of weeks ago. hadn't played it in over 3 weeks and i started getting sick of it taking up so much space
    very unimpressive selection of games for that console, it's way too noisy and the controllers are crap.
    agreed 100%. I can't play Halo for more than an hour at a time because the controller makes my left hand cramp up when I'm playing FPS games... damn little girly hands of mine.
    \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

PC:
    1) SWAT 4: Love multiplayer on this game, reason i got it was because im a fan of the other SWAT games.
    2) Stronghold 2: Ok Strategy game but has technical flaws with my PC :(, reason why i bought it was because i felt i needed a strategy game fix and a break from other type of games
    3) Guild Wars: Im a big RPG lover, and seein it was free subscriptions with those fantastic visuals, how could i resist? reason: Enough said :D

PS2:
    1) Time Splitters Future Perfect: Best Timesplitters in the series, MUCH wider range of characters to use in Multiplayer, Single player is good also. Reason: Multiplayer action with mates
    2) Devil May Cry 3: I loved this game, visuals and gameplay are flawless and the characters are superb. Dante must die mode is rightly hard though :( Reason: Loved the first game, couldnt resist this one! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Mad Maestro (PS2) - essentially a game of pressing one button over and over again, but is it fun? Mmmmm, yes. The first rhythm-action game I've played where you actually control the music, rather than just tapping buttons along with it, and it's really enjoyable and intuitive as a result. It's a shame about the slightly disappointing MIDI tracks, but the sound still impresses, as do the graphics. Loads to do, too. Hurrah!

The Curse of Monkey Island (PC) - just got it working, thanks to some lovely chaps in another thread. Seems like more of the same. Excellent!

Killer7 (Cube) - I've only finished the first level, but I like it. If the puzzles get better, I'll love it. If they don't, meh. It's really cool anyway. I think I prefer this Kevin Smith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

tman wrote:
    heh. i did a couple of weeks ago. hadn't played it in over 3 weeks and i started getting sick of it taking up so much space :p

you might as well get rid of it now while you can with 360 coming out in a couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

PC: GTR - I dare anyone to find a better racing game on ANY platform!!!

Cube : Conflict Desert Storm 2 - second hand but got bored and drove GTR instead

Resident Evil 4 : Got it the day it came out and have finished it 7 times, twice in pro mode.

God of War: Bloody fantastic game. Really pushes the PS2 to it's limits.
    Gaurdian Heroes advance: Haven't played it yet
    Gregory Horror Show: Haven't played it either :rolleyes:
    Medal of Honour European Assault: Surprisingly good but not brilliant. The last boss is stupidly cheap so it's currently being punished.
    Viewtiful Joe 2: Haven't played it.
    Devil May Cry: Excellent game but driving me nuts. It's so bloody difficult.
    Ninja Gaiden: Excellent game. Not as challenging as people make it out to be. Two and a half weeks is all it took me.
    Mega Man Anniversary Collection: Well it finally arrived and I can't play it because my brother has my freeloader disc for Resi 4. I'm dying to play Megaman 2 again :mad:

I've also a load of games to get including Killer 7. Must remember that fridays are for picking up new games and not for drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

GTA: SA - PC Wonderful game, trying to take it as slowly as possible to enjoy it all. Need to take a break from the missions to waste some time completing unique jumps, spraying tags, etc...

Thief: Deadly Shadows Bought it new for €15 in HMW Henry Street's closing down sale. Such a good bargain I couldn't resist. Looking forward to playing it.

I have a few game hanging around since Christmas (Rome: Total War, Deus Ex, Neverwinter Nights) that I have started but other games (HL2, COD, COD:UO and GTA:SA) that have stopped me from completing them. Interested in getting Chronicles of Riddick FPS, on sale at play.com, but know I just don't have the time to play it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Gregory Horror show is one of my favorite games. I got it out last night and strated playing it again. Such a good game. Must get God of War.

Lat ones I got:

Forza (GT4 on xbox)
    Call of Duty Finest Hour (very quickly becoming a firm favorite of mine)
    Lego Star Wars (who couldn't love it)
    ridge racer - PSP (haven't played it yet)

Any games people would recommend buying this weekend? Preferably for xbox or cube.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You have all those great games unplayed Ret0, yet you decided to play through European Assault o_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Mega Man Anniversary Collection: Well it finally arrived and I can't play it because my brother has my freeloader disc for Resi 4. I'm dying to play Megaman 2 again :mad: .

Retro,

Where did you order mega man from?

I love mega man. I remember getting mega man 2 for xmas as a child after my parents seeing i loved my cousins mega man 1. The music was the best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cube:
    Killer 7 (great game - looking forward to a few long sessions this weekend).

DS:
    Kirby Canvas Curse (best DS game by a long chalk, and has the tight gameplay and fun factor of Marioworld/Yoshis Island on the SNES/GBA).

Bomberman DS (same old same old, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!)

PC:
    GTA:SA (I'm in San Fierro, and starting to get bored....)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

HL2 > Enjoyable enough.

GTA SA > Played for 30 minutes and put on BF2 demo. Haven't played it since.

BF2 > Wife now bringing divorce proceedings against me. ;) Bloody adictive game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

PC

Pariah
    City of heros
    lego star wars

all of which i got for €60 total in the virgin closing down sale, and all of which i havn't touched because of this slice of digital cocaine
    Battlefield 2

which is great, even if the EA ranking servers refuse to acknowledge the Medic and support badges i got last night on the TiG server.
    And the gold star i picked up on one of their EA UK servers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

GC only at the moment, have only switched the xbox on once for my brother since I got the GC at Xmas.

resi4 - seems good so far, not ground breaking though.
    worms 3d - good multiplayer fun and has finally broken my anti-worms stance from previous 2d versions.
    Warioworld - not toooo bad, standard ninty platform hijinx

oh yeah I forgot Jet Set Radio on the DC for which I still need an AV cable to run it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Doom 3 - PC
    Rise of Nations Gold - PC
    Wipeout Something or other - PS2
    Oddworld Stranger - Xbox
    Suidoken IV - PS2
    Paper Mario - GC
    Baten Kaitos - GC
    Mario DS - DS!

I think i'm wasting my life away..... oh well KEEP GAMING

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Diss

Blub2k4 wrote:
    oh yeah I forgot Jet Set Radio on the DC for which I still need an AV cable to run it :o
    Thats a fantastic game, the music is phenominal and the gameplay is pefection and has graphics that still standup today.

Advertisement