Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last games you bought?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I got Astro Boy for the GBA for €14.99 in GAME on Henry Street the other day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

clownboy wrote:
    Retro,

Where did you order mega man from?

I love mega man. I remember getting mega man 2 for xmas as a child after my parents seeing i loved my cousins mega man 1. The music was the best!!

I got it from www.playasia.com
    I did have a bit of trouble, it didn't arrive but when I e-mailed them they were really helpful. They investigated the post-offices and it turned up a week later.

Edit: You are out of luck clownboy. Just checked and it seems to be out of stock with playasia. I'm sure you can find it elsewhere with the usual suspects.

As for Megaman 2, it is a fantastic game, probably capcoms best other than SF2 and 3. Loved the music as well especially bubblemans stage. The strange thing is that even on the remake for the mega drive the original music on the dodgy NES sound chip sounds infinitely better. It's a bit like Bloody Tears from the Castlevania games. Despite being on multiple games and a superb orchestrated rendition on Super Castlevania 4 it still sounds better in Simons Quest on the NES were it first appeared.

I have no excuses for playing MOH:EA before all my other games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

got Doom3 for Xbox, and someone gave me Batman for Xbox as a gift. Pretty deadly actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Last games I bought:
    GTA SA on PC
    Midnight club 3 bling bling biatch edition on Xbox (preowned)
    before that ... hmm.. I think it was Trackmania Sunrise (PC), can't remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Diss wrote:
    Thats a fantastic game, the music is phenominal and the gameplay is pefection and has graphics that still standup today.

I hope it lives up to my expectations, JSRF on the xbox is what turned me on to it, the music and gameplay were so quirky and japanese I just had to get a DC to try out the original.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Diss

FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That's a fantastic game. Mad plot... but anything with that much ass-kicking and lasers has to be good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I hope it lives up to my expectations, JSRF on the xbox is what turned me on to it, the music and gameplay were so quirky and japanese I just had to get a DC to try out the original.

/me puts on the JSR soundtrack, to remind him of how good a game it is.

ahhh, what a deadly game, i demand a proper sequell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Diss

/me puts on the JSR soundtrack, to remind him of how good a game it is.

ahhh, what a deadly game, i demand a proper sequell!
    I just want smilebit to make any new console game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Diss wrote:
    I just want smilebit to make any new console game.

I hope they make it a Panzer Dragoon RPG. The article in Games TM made me want to play the Panzer games again. PD RPG is my favourite game ever and PD Orta was fantastic and rounded off the PD RPG story perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

This page RULES!

AstroBoy and JSR - 2 of the best games ever made imo \o/

EDIT - and now PanzerDragoon coool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Picked up Megaman - Network Transmission for GC for 15 S/h in Gamestop the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Edit: You are out of luck clownboy. Just checked and it seems to be out of stock with playasia. I'm sure you can find it elsewhere with the usual suspects.

Do you know anywhere else that might stock it? Lik-sang don't

EDIT: Wahey!! I found a copy on DVDBoxOffice for 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

clownboy wrote:
    EDIT: Wahey!! I found a copy on DVDBoxOffice for 30 euro.
    Don't expect to see it anytime soon, if at all...

This weekend I got Fable and Halo 2... yes.. I now own an Xbox.

I got Killer 7 (GC) and a free copy of XIII (PS2) with it in gamestop for 45 euro. Bit of a bargain.

Didn't like killer 7 initially but after the first stage it just sort of clicked. Love it now despite not knowing what the **** is happening in the story. No decent tutorials were a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

GBA SP black, second hand in mint cond with all packaging and everything for €33, in Dock Games (France) last Wednesday... just to play Advance Wars, grabbed at the same time for an extra €5 (cart only, and re-bought for the 3rd time, I think I might keep it this time :D ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the_cheater

yall post alot...sorry im new

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

We sure do. Welcome partner!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I recently bought farcry, mafia and football manager 2005, I installed all three, said "oo pretty farcry graphics", then "mafia looks like a fun game" then I played FM2005 for 6 hours straight, slept and played it some more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Resident Evil - Code Veronica (GC)

i'm in the mood for some old skool resi action, this is the only one i haven't played yet...
    not too bad at £15 on play

• Advertisement
Advertisement