Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Running Costs

Options
  • 07-06-2005 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I am looking to buy my first car in the next few months, and I am trying to figure running costs etc. Is there any website that I can get average running costs for various cars?

Things I am considering at the moment:
    Insurance, Tax, depreciation, fuel, servicing. missing anything?

The cars I am considering at the moment are 99/00 BMW 318, or a Honda Accord from arround 01. Basically I have been stuck driving a Nissan Micra for the last 6 years, so I want to get something with a bit more class. Any opinions/suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This of the top of the head so open to corrections!

Tax for 1.8 about 500 pa

You know how much you pay for insurance not me!

Servicing - its beyond makers waranty so use an independent garage @ 40- 50 per hr labour. If buying a bmw check out GSF for a rough idea of parts. You'll have to convert to euro and they have a depot in Dublin.

Fuel - call it a euro per litre then work it out from there.

Deprication depends on what you buy, both the models suggested would be a bit better than average - posh but not big engines. But you'd still need to be willing to wave bye-bye to about a grand a year as it looses value.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a page on www.aaroadwatch.ie but there are a number of mistakes.

(a) parking costs are incorrectly established
    (b) they depreciate a car the same amount over 4 years whether it has done 40,000 miles or 80,00 miles

Advertisement