Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ultimate weapons argh

Options
  • 07-06-2005 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

ive been playing final fantasy x for the last few days and ive been trying to get tidus' ultimate weapon and it is pissing me off :mad: ive got the celestial mirror and that guy wont move. ive looked through lots of walkthroughs and i cant figure out what the problem is

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

To make the guy move to let you down you have to get a time in the final chocobo race of less than 0.00.00 . After doing that he should be gone. (it could be 20 sec actually , duno) But that is how to get him to move out of the way, have you done that yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

GameFaq's wrote:
    - A. Tidus' Caladbolg -

Weapon location: Northwest corner of the Calm Lands, behind a mandala at the
    bottom of a very narrow hidden trail. Win all four chocobo races, and the
    person blocking the pathway will be gone. You _must_ have the Celestial Mirror
    in your inventory to get the weapon, otherwise the guard will not move.
    (There's no point in going down the trail without the mirror anyway.) If you
    won all of the races pre-mirror, and come back after obtaining it, simply win
    all of the races again and immediately go to the path the guard was blocking.

Sun Crest location: Yevon Dome, in a treasure chest in the same area where you
    fought Yunalesca. You may have to go up and down the stairs once or twice to
    get the chest to appear. It's on the left side of the screen, and blends in
    with the wall.

Sun Sigil location: After you can control the airship, it's a prize for
    winning the fourth chocobo race against the other chocobo rider with a time of
    better than 0:0:0. I have no advice on how to do this, other than use the other
    rider as a shield if possible, use the D-pad and not the analogue control
    stick, and grab balloons like mad. You need between 12 - 15 for a time of
    0:0:0. In the Japanese FFX, there was a cheat that made the birds pass right
    through you, and therefore this process very simple, but it seems to have been
    taken out of the North American - and presumably PAL - release. So the moral of
    this story is, practice practice practice, learn Japanese and import the game
    so that you can cheat, or check out Morelock's Sidequests FAQ for an in-depth
    strategy of how to win this race.

Difficulty to Obtain: Medium difficulty, but not especially time-consuming.
    Most people would argue that the hardest part are the last two chocobo races.

Abilities: [Break Damage Limit] + [Triple Overdrive] + [Evade & Counter] +
    [Magic Counter]

Special Effects: Does more damage when Tidus' HP is full, no effect on Aeons.

Name origin: The Caladbolg is a sword of Irish and Celtic myth that was so
    strong, it once cut a hill in half. Caladbolg can also be a generic name for
    any kind of death-dealing sword. In the Japanese version of Final Fantasy X,
    Tidus' ultimate weapon was called the Ultima Weapon, which starting with FFVI,
    there's been either a boss, or a weapon for the main character named this, or
    both, and the weapon has always done damage dependant on HP. In the English
    FFVI, it was translated as Atma. Caladbolg almost makes more sense, in a way,
    because it's not the typical white, pink, and purple gradiented design of the
    Ultima Weapon - it's blue and gold.

...enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I absoloutely dispised that bloody race with a passion.

Cheeky monkey, don't get disappointed when you fail repeatedly at this unbelievably annoying race, it's all luck.

It only took me less than 30 minutes one evening thats all , its just one of those things you just stick at and eventually it'll pay off. You have no idea how difficult it is to get the lionheart by obtaining some of the ingredients by card games. AAWWHH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

It only took me less than 30 minutes one evening thats all , its just one of those things you just stick at and eventually it'll pay off. You have no idea how difficult it is to get the lionheart by obtaining some of the ingredients by card games. AAWWHH
    At least the card game was fun though.

• Advertisement

30 minutes? Lucky thing ya. I spent ages including many a controller tantrum trying that challenge.

Controller tantrum - is that when you hold it by one handle then hit your brother on the top of the head with the other one because he wont stop annoying you?

Yes the card game is fun - for a while anyways but you get the idea the computer is cheating against after a while but thats probably just paranoia :rolleyes:

Crucifix wrote:
    At least the card game was fun though.
    So much better than most of the tatty minigames in most of the other FF games... the FF9 games werent my cup of tea at all *Shuffles and/or boogies*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Rhyme wrote:
    So much better than most of the tatty minigames in most of the other FF games... the FF9 games werent my cup of tea at all *Shuffles and/or boogies*
    The game in 9 reminded me of Scientology, they just wouldn't tell you the rules up front. That and it sucked (no offence to any FF-loving Scientologists out there).

I liked the cards in IX, granted I didn't actually know the rules but it was fun nonetheless.

I thought the chocobos were a good mini-game seeing as we're on the subject.

• Advertisement

grimloch wrote:
    I thought the chocobos were a good mini-game seeing as we're on the subject.
    You mean Chocobo Hot 'n Cold?... never liked that game at all, although the treasure hunt was good when you got it finished
    different colour chocobos and that air garden were great

Plus the rewards you got were actually worth it. Nice shiny weapons and the like. Only way to get
    ultimate weapons like the ultima weapon and the ragnarok

HOt and cold was irritating to say the least , I prefared hunting for treasure in 7 , much more managable.

The hot and cold thing could get repetitive but the actual looking for the place on the world map was very good I thought. Unique and not too difficult at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How come all the sub-games involving chocobos are annoying and frustrating affairs. I still have nightmares of racing and breeding chocobos in FFVII. If they are supposed to be Squares mascot characters they could at least give us some minigames that don't make us hate them with a passion.

Could be worse , could be a mog. Just off topic for a mo but does anyone know the method for winning the mog game in the gold saucer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If I remember correctly you have to judge his reactions. His reaction will change after eating when he has had enough to eat. It's detailed much better and with the exact amount needed in www.gamefaqs.com. The reward iirc isn't worth the effort of playing a crap mini-game.

The mogs were good in FF6 so have one up on the chocobos with me.

That mog music is legendary too. What did the mogs do in VI that made them great? I recall playing as one of them and getting a hairpin or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

To beat the Mog Mini Game in VII just keep feeding him those nuts till he does a little jump and he makes a happy noise.Then just wait for a while and the game will kick in eventually.Its crap,and it only gets ya 30 GP,so if youve got no patience,dont bother.
    As for the Mogs in VI,they save your ass at the start of the game,and they all have huge spears and flails!I cant imagine what those little things would look like in 3d carrying those weapons!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

while on the subject, i liked blitzball in x

also the bike game in vii (those sneaky red biker b******s)

• Advertisement

Actually blitzball wasn't too bad for a mini game. Plenty of amusement that gave me.

I remember the mogs now, the little teasm of them, wonderful little fellas.

There was a mog secret character in FFVI as well who was pretty cool.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    ...and werent they giant shopkeeper guys in one of the older games? before they grew that red bobble and started saying Kupo

Retr0gamer wrote:

And he was needed to get the snowman lad. That game had bolldy loads of characters now that I think of it.

Something like 18 characters I think. And they were all unique and useful unlike in FF7 and 8 were they were just there for sticking materia or GFs to.

Most of them were good and unique, never found much use for gau though or the snowman lad either. Edgar was my favourite in that game.

grimloch wrote:
    Most of them were good and unique, never found much use for gau though or the snowman lad either. Edgar was my favourite in that game.

Gau got some great attacks if you spent some time in the Veldt (methinks thats what it is) and time to figure out which ones were decent.

The Yeti was uncontrollable but made up for it with the huge damage he could dole out.

Gau's unpredictabality made me shy away from using him excessively... too much like a Dragoon on acid. Edgar was fantastic though... possibly the most useful character for a lot of the game... noiseblaster was excellent and still makes me laugh

I never bothered taking the time to get Gau good. The veldt was that weird random fight area wasn't it?

Edgar had some quality attacks now that I think of it, the saw and the drill were quite good and the crossbow one had its uses too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement