Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drive or taxi to airport?

• 07-06-2005 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm going to London for a few days next week, and was wondering if anyone can advise as to whether I should grab a taxi from my house or just pay for the medium-term parking?

The airport website says that medium term parking is e10.50 for 1-3 days. I assume this is per day. I reckon a taxi from Midleton to the airport would be in the region of e20. So, 2 trips in a taxi > 3 days of parking, if my maths is still good.

Have I forgotten anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Glanmire to the airport for me was 25quid flat fee. I would look to friends for a lift personally. So long as you repay the favour most are quite willing to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I'd go looking for a lift too! surely you have nice friends?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

No, my friends suck :) The problem is that I'm leaving on a Thursday around 10am so all of my friends will be in work. Also, I live out near Midleton, so I don't really want to have them drag themselves out that far.

well, if that's the case, go for the long term parking! at least save yourself a few euro's! (I think they even run a bus from the long term car park to the terminal!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I paid 23 quid for a taxi from the airport to Glounthaune a couple of months ago. I'd stay well clear of taxis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Either way its worth it to get out of Cork :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

I'm going to Notthingham for 3 days and I was going to leave the car there, in medium term. Last time I did it (2 years ago it cost E16 for 3 days). Must check the price.

Just checked. Medium-stay (1-4 days): E6/day.

that's not bad at all!! and will be much cheaper than the cab! Enjoy your holiday!

Sounds good, reic. I've only ever been to the airport twice, so is the medium stay car park close to the terminal, or is there, as dizzyblabla thinks, a bus service?

If you don't know, can you come back here after your trip to Nottingham and let us know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Why not get the bus to the airport from the city centre? Or is that too much of a wacky idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I'm out in Cobh and was questioning the same thing a few weeks ago - Car and Parking vs. Taxi (€30 per trip) - in the end I went for Car! Trust me it's a much better idea and cheaper - my flight was cancelled due to fog (flew out the following day) and I was grateful that my car was outside in the car park - I think it was €6 per day. So if you're delayed, or weighed down with shopping, it's so much easier to just jump into your car and drive off with the music blasting versus having to make polite conversation with some stranger, who's ripping you off. Enjoy your trip - and pray for a fogless journey! J

rymus wrote:
    Why not get the bus to the airport from the city centre? Or is that too much of a wacky idea?
    And where would I park my car in city centre, rymus. e2.20 per hour in a car park? :)

Maybe I could get a bus from Blackash P+R then a bus back out to the airport? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

get a bus from your place to the city centre maybe... leave your car parked in your driveway. I'm not so stupid that I'd suggest leaving your car parked in the city over parking in the airport :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Busses from Midleton to Cork is pretty frequent, last time i got a taxi from city to Midleton it cost nearly 30e. 6e a day isnt bad though, it's 8e in Dublin. I suppose it depends on what time ur return flight is at and how much baggage u'll have with you.

Medium term parking is just on the left as you're facing the building. Less than 1 minutes walk from the building. It's great when you return just to walk to the car, get in and drive off home. That's what I'm doing.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

To get there by car - drive towards the terminal and on along past it (and the smokers outside and the taxis).. couple hundred yards ahead on the right is the medium term - it has a bit of a sign.

Advertisement