Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will you wear into the exam?

Options
  • 07-06-2005 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Hello I'm new here.

What are you going to wear into the exam? Obviously it's not a fashion parade, I'm asking more in terms of comfort.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Short shorts and a bowtie.

Nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

We have to wear our uniforms.

I might wear the same as the IncredibleBulk, to be rebellious and cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

i advise a tuxedo or at the bare minimum something with a tophat and/or cape... not superhero style though,thats just not in.....lioke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I was actually thinking of going into the french exam dressed like this:
    S21305.jpg
    Construction Studies exam like this:
    bobstandard.jpg
    Geography like this:
    Steve-holding-croc.jpg

Would they let you in like that?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Well I'm probably going to wear my comfy jeans, I might start wearing tracksuit bottoms in if I find it more comfortable but I doubt it because I never wear tracksuit bottoms except in the gym, I hate them! I'm going to wear my comfiest jumpers though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

ive spent the last 2 years moulding my books into suits.
    tomorrow i will be wearing the works of shakepseare.

or i would if i had my exams tomorrow.
    jeesus i wish i had of thouhg o that a few years ago.

anywya good luck tomorrow, the lot of yis :)

Would they let you in like that?

Is that why you started this thread?

Is that why you started this thread?
    Actually no, It just occured to me once the thread had been started.

• Advertisement

Binomate wrote:
    Actually no, It just occured to me once the thread had been started.

Ok fair enough.

Good work! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Get a load of this- the day before we were let off school, about two weeks back, the principal and deputy year head came around to all the classes with the school's own guide to the exams, nice paperback guide to diet, revision, and what to bring into the exams... and here's the punchline... deputy year head reckons students who wear their uniform "statistically" perform marginally better than those who don't... my butt, they just wanna show up visiting examiners!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

in fairness,rumour goes that wearing your uniform, subconciously puts you in a working mode and you perfom better....aparently.

Then wouldn't a french man suit subconciously put you in the French spirt and then technically you'd do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

we to wear full uniform and unlike some of the lucky ones thats includes skirt and shoes!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

technically the school cant make you wear your uniforms you know

the state examinations commision rents the exam halls and runs the exams so there is absolutly no obligation for you to conform to normal school rules,only the ones that the exam commission have sent you out

the only reason the school principal is around is to oversee things generally as im sure the school is still liable if anything happens etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

I have died my hair electric red and spikey, my principal will love that, cant wait to see his smiling brother face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Gileadi wrote:
    the only reason the school principal is around is...?

Because they've nothing better to be doing with their holidays only keeping the caretakers happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

To get back to the OP's question... I'd suggest lots of layers as if you get hot it's good to be able to get comfortable as that's the most important part! Also try to get a lift in or bring an umbrella as if you get soaked inthe morning it'll be totally miserable, distracting and cold sitting in the exam hall!

Good luck everyone!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

The wearing of school uniform by school students on (at least) the first day of the exam period helps the Superintendent make sure no unauthorised people have got into the hall. The Examinations Secretary or a teacher usually also checks that the right people are present. After the first day, the Superintendent will know the faces in the centre, and the uniform issue is not as important.

Non-school students should bring some form of ID with them on the first day of the exams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

To get back to the OP's question... I'd suggest lots of layers as if you get hot it's good to be able to get comfortable as that's the most important part! Also try to get a lift in or bring an umbrella as if you get soaked inthe morning it'll be totally miserable, distracting and cold sitting in the exam hall!

Good luck everyone!!!

Ahh... the joys or driving. No getting soaked in the rain for me!
    Feckin thing will probably break down on me now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

LoL @ Binomate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Normal everyday clothes, i.e. jeans, t-shirt, ... maybe even a hat :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I wouldnt mind wearing a skirt in, imagine the freedom*!

* said like in the film Braveheart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

My favorite pair of jeans and a t-shirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Brazil jersey, definately! They're playing tomorrow night,and its really light so it'll be comfy(like ive nothing on!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Have to wear full uniform

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Lynibeth wrote:
    Have to wear full uniform
    us too....sexy!! although its a relaxed kinda rule

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

How about a new ski suit, it'll feel like you're wearing
    nothing at all....nothing at all....nothing at all........Damn Sexy Flanders.

Sorry just had to get that out of my system.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

A ball gown and slippers

Advertisement