Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Window rubber gunk

Options
  • 07-06-2005 6:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

You know that green mossy type stuff you see on the window rubbers on a car that's been sitting unused for a while? Is there an trick to getting rid of it, beyond stripping the doors and running a nailbrush over it?

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Probably algae rather than moss. Power hose with a small amount of bleach in the water (you wouldn't want to bleach the rubber / paint).

That or an unemployed local 16 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

dahamsta wrote:
    green mossy type stuff
    This stuff is stronger than superglue - soak it with a soapy water then pressure wash it. If that doesn't work, its the nailbrush I'm afraid.

'c

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I need to strip down the doors anyway to grease the window rails, as the driver's side window keeps sticking. What should I grease the rails with?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

dahamsta wrote:
    I need to strip down the doors anyway to grease the window rails, as the driver's side window keeps sticking. What should I grease the rails with?

adam

elbow grease?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

k-y jelly...

seriously.. does not rot the rubber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

I wanna see you go into a Motor Factors and ask for that! :D

Advertisement