Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dictionaries

Options
  • 07-06-2005 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

I was just looking through my candidate information booklet and found this "A candidate shall not bring into the examination hall, or have in his/her possesion or under his/her control or within his/her reach, whilst he/she is in such room -

(b) any memorandum, notes or mobile phones, electronic address book, data bank, etc, except a calculator as permitted under the regulations or bi-lingual translation dictionary were its use has been approved.

I thought dictionaries weren't allowed at all. Does mean that I can bring a dictionary into Irish? I don't think so but does anyone know for certain. I did get a form a few months ago asking me if I would need to use one in the exams.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

no i wudnt think so, you'd think it'd be like for foreign students and that but they cant have dictionaries either!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Foreign students are allowed bilingual dictionaries if it's been approved. Eg, a latvian person might be allowed to use a latvian-english dictionary in an english exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

Yes, It new change, only last year was first yearm you may choose romanian/english or romanian/irish as far as I recall, I not sure for what subjects though, but it excellent change, it fosud on subject and so person who has panic where you might forget fact could forget word! so it make fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

Whats this about a Canditate Information Booklet? We were given nothing. Do we have to wear uniforms?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Whats this about a Canditate Information Booklet? We were given nothing. Do we have to wear uniforms?

If you went to a school you may not have gotten it I study from home so I had to register as an external candidate so they have to send me all the info that the schools give out.

In my old school you had to wear your uniform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

so does this mean we can listen to our mp3 players during english exam? woohoo

Advertisement