Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

w00t got my new PC

Options
  • 07-06-2005 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

hi guys im back

havnt been on here much, but said id pop over and brag about my new spec:P

but dont worry im still paying for it and will be for the next while!!!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What spec?

John

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Lump wrote:
    What spec?

*ROFL* - nice spec man. Tell satan i said hi caus you must have sold your soul. Also Sig too big

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Oh right yea, I have sigs off.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

My soul can be his if i can brake some good overclocking limits with all this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

What's your 3dMark05 score with the 2 Ultra's?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Nice rig man. Is the waterchill setup cooling the CPU and the 2 GFX cards? If so how's it doing on them?

At the moment I'm contemplating sticking with what I have and waiting till the ATi Crossfire thing rears its head, or set up an AMD 4000+ with 2 BFG 6800 GT's (which is my current train of thought).

Choices choices.

Ps: WizZard, what cooling do you have on your setup? And what's the 3800+ like for overclocking?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

very nice, got any pics?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

WizZard wrote:
    What's your 3dMark05 score with the 2 Ultra's?

Oh jaysus was wondering how long it would take :p (only messing)
    Do you feel threatened? Goin crossfire perhaps? (stirring the sh!t)

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

pfft! That AMD can take 4gb of memory!

pfff!!! do u think u have any apps to fill four gigs?? lmao

well no 3d mark scores of yet as iv only got it........ iv set up the water system to see is there any leaks :o would be nice if there was

em the bfg are huge and the water cooling for the moment i will only be cooling the cpu and nb

as i wana see the total system heat increase if i cool the two g cards aswell

lads lads i only just got it it aint even set up yet, i was jus so excited and need to tell the world

• Advertisement

Nukem wrote:
    Oh jaysus was wondering how long it would take :p (only messing)
    Do you feel threatened? Goin crossfire perhaps? (stirring the sh!t)

Nukem

<panicked> :rolleyes:

Looked in wallet and talked to bank manager - both said I have no hope of purchasing anything for ages!
    Spike wrote:
    Ps: WizZard, what cooling do you have on your setup? And what's the 3800+ like for overclocking?

At the moment air cooling, but I have a DD full WC setup here waiting for me to finish my new project - to be unveiled later this month! ;)
    The 3800+ is quite good for OC'ing. It goes easily to 2.7Ghz on air, so with water I intend to get nearer 3Ghz *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

1600e for graphics cards :/ Crazy mofo. What a waste of money.

Sweet rig all the same. You should push some v-nice benchmarks with that.

Hey i spend every min of my time on the damn thing so why not....... anyway jus means ill get a long time outa the pc before getting a new one......

i never buy parts for a pc do try and update it. i just buy the best i can use it (abuse it) and then get another one

ohhhhh any idea what i should expect to get outa this thing benchmarks wise. iv been kinda outa the game and a die hard p4 nut back in the days of the 472

Well if you beat my 3dMark score then fairplay! ;)
    Check out the 3dMark05 thread for the scores people have been getting with it.

Are those 2x 1gb sticks of RAM? Didn't know Corsair made the 4400C25 in 1gb sticks, otherwise I woulda gotten them (have 4x512mb of same)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

nice rig, alls you need is a phasechange cooler, then ohhh baby it would be complete, lol :p

Sorry its 1024 ram (2x512) but i got 2, four banks will be well loaded...
    http://www.corsair.com/corsair/products/specs/TWINX1024-4400C25.pdf

is it any good for tight timings likw cas of 2 at higher bus speeds??? i tought it would be the best to get cause any other stuff at that speed was cas 3

oh and dont worry ill be running 3dmark on this baby.. ill let u know how i get on

im building it now and will let you know how i get on

this dimond back mouse kicks ass

The RAM will default to DDR333 when run in all 4 banks, and will not run in Dual channel. It will also run at only 2T, which is slower than 1T.

This is due to the Athlon64 memory controller (fixed in newer models Venice/San Diego, but your RAM is double sided so still won't run dual channel, or 1T)

****ehawk

well my brother is crying out for ram on his asus p4c800-e and it would suit that bord down to the ground

thing is though he will want it for half price:)

dang i was reading a bit more on the spec of the mobo, your right!!! :(

maby i could return it and get something else......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Why'd you buy an FX and 2x 512meg cards?

You just got raped smile.gif - and it wasn't even a Dell!

• Advertisement

freekhead wrote:
    dang i was reading a bit more on the spec of the mobo, your right!!! :(

maby i could return it and get something else......
    It's not mobo specific, it's the memory controller that's built-in (on die) to the Athlon64 chips.
    The newer core chips have a better mem controller but you still can't run 4 double sided sticks @ 1T (single-sided do work AFAIK)

TBH there are better mobo's out there for OC'ing and/or gaming - the MSI is not the best of the bunch. DFI nf4 Lanparty series and ASUS A8N SLI are the best IMO. I don't know if that board will let you run at the FSB you would want to with that chip and RAM (275FSB and above). <edit>Just checked, it will</edit>
    And the RAM you have likes extra voltage, Corsair recommend 2.8v for it, and that board only goes to 2.85v

<edit>Just noticed you got two 512mb Ultra's. You mad b*stard! What for? Performance in reviews is supposed to be not much better but i'd like to see benchmarks.

i jus buy the best spec and hold onto it for a few years...... i know there will be better out soon but that dont bother me, cause ill just wait till i find my games lagging and sell it and get a new one

i got the 2 cards because i sold a p4 3.0ghz and a amd 2.8 machine and the money payed for them both

and im getting the vat off :) so in the long run the probably cost same as 2 x 6800 gt 256mb cards

yeah wizzard im moving on to amd after a long run with p4 cause the latest p4 extreme reminds me of the 1970's american cars that drink to much juice......

so it will prob take me a while to train my tought away from the old skool architecture

anyway ill let you know how i get on and if i have any problems

Advertisement