Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the MRC at the weekends?

Options
  • 07-06-2005 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

Not likely , Jim would throw a wobbler :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Not surprisingly - I'd truly hate to be a range officer with the responsibility for ensuring everyone's safety on that range!

Sparks wrote:
    Not surprisingly - I'd truly hate to be a range officer with the responsibility for ensuring everyone's safety on that range!

I would say that the safety rules and range rules are very strict there and apply to everyone :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Ammoman wrote:
    I would say that the safety rules and range rules are very strict there and apply to everyone :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    And wouldn't you just love to be the poor sod who has to go up to the guy with the fully automatic Uzi and enforce those rules? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Sparks wrote:
    And wouldn't you just love to be the poor sod who has to go up to the guy with the fully automatic Uzi and enforce those rules? :D
    Knowing the rigmarole these guys go through to legally hold full-auto machinery (not entirely dissimilar to our set-up for holding ANY type of gun!), I'd say they are as protective of their good name and as aware of the PR implications of misbehaviour as we are here.
    Going by the attitude I see on various U.S gun forums, I'd surmise that the Range Officer in question would have a LOT of backup from other shooters if he had to discipline someone for being casual with range rules.

• Advertisement

Rovi wrote:
    Knowing the rigmarole these guys go through to legally hold full-auto machinery (not entirely dissimilar to our set-up for holding ANY type of gun!), I'd say they are as protective of their good name and as aware of the PR implications of misbehaviour as we are here.
    Going by the attitude I see on various U.S gun forums, I'd surmise that the Range Officer in question would have a LOT of backup from other shooters if he had to discipline someone for being casual with range rules.

I agree , the majority of the Shooting public are very responsibile when it comes to Firearm Safety . And Yes , All range officers get the support required on all ranges..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Flattop 15

Considering that there has never been a legally held class3[full auto]weapon stolen,or used in any crime since 1932[ATF stats].The federal hoops you have to jump thru to get a class 3 lic,and the COST of buying,feeding and caring for one of these beasts[you dont pick up your brass,you snow shovel it away!!].You will be a very rich or poor man depending on your perspective at the end of it all.
    But to answer the saftey point,at all of these machine gun shoots saftey is more paramount than at a conventional range.Everything from the backstops to the drill for jams,[imagine getting a jam on a Bofors anti aircraft gun.Which you can own under class 3 laws as well,as the full auto mechanism takes over from bore diameter]to not even allowing pregnant women anywhere near the firing line[lead dust,or even the slight possibility of this ,and ending up with a class action lawsuit.Maybe one to consider for future range rules here in the second most sue happy country in the Western world?] is enforced with vigour,and by all concerned.
    For those who are intrested in Full auto,do a google on
    Knob hill machine gun shoot in Kentucky.An annual [and noisey] event. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Flattop 15 wrote:
    For those who are intrested in Full auto,do a google on
    Knob hill machine gun shoot in Kentucky.An annual [and noisey] event. :D
    Ah, Knob CREEK Gun Range :)

My brother tells me that my future sister-in-law has relatives living in Louisville, Kentucky.

I can foresee a trip to visit them some April or October :D:D:D

Advertisement