Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nintendo finally doing things right

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sounds like a good idea - but are there many free WiFi spots here as it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Was reading some more speculation yesterday on revolution and DS - Ninty has just announced 1000 wireless hot-spots etc...

but....

we know that Revolution will have wi-fi.....
    we know it'll be able to interface with DS....
    we know that the Revolution is online...

What if the Revolution is also a wireless router for the DS? You could set up a hot-spot in your own gaff and that'd mean there wouldn't be a need for more wireless hotspots in shopping centers etc...1000 does sound like too few to be honest so if peoples own gaffs were the hotspots.................

whatcha think? Certainly doable if you ask me...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Buy a cheap access point and you will be able to play your DS at home...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

smokingman wrote:
    What if the Revolution is also a wireless router for the DS? You could set up a hot-spot in your own gaff and that'd mean there wouldn't be a need for more wireless hotspots in shopping centers etc...1000 does sound like too few to be honest so if peoples own gaffs were the hotspots.................

Haven't nintendo confirmed this already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Haven't nintendo confirmed this already?

Have to admit - I haven't seen anything official on it yet but given what (little) we know already, it wouldn't take much of an effort on Nintys side to achieve this.

Here's hoping! I'm dying to be able to whoop my brothers ass on Mario Kart DS the same as on every other version.....no matter where I am...wouldn't have to txt him either - just leave the DS on and plugged in all the time and picochat him.

Advertisement