Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

symproxysvc.exe - overloading cpu -

• 07-06-2005 10:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

this is running in my processes at 95% and over. My CPU is going to internally combust. When its not running at that level system idle process is 35%+ and the system process is likewise. I have norton xp firewall running + norton disk doctor. When i stop the process about 60 temp files open with an address bar that contains reference to an update.

Any aid and abeit appreciated.
    pcwares

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

symproxysvc.exe - Here is the scoop on Transparent proxy server. The big question: what is symproxysvc.exe and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of Transparent proxy server?
    symproxysvc.exe (Transparent proxy server) - Details

The symproxysvc.exe process is a local proxy server, and is a core component of Norton Internet security. It is required for Norton products to function correctly. If this process is stopped, Norton Internet security will not be able to effectively protect your computer, and you run the risk of being infected by viruses, trojans and other malware.

symproxysvc.exe is an application that does NOT appear to be a security risk

The Spy Bot database currently registers symproxysvc.exe to Symantec.

This is part of Symantec internet security.

reinstall norton,
    it seems to be having a bad day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

or see the light and scrap norton for avg/zonealarm, norton runs like a dog anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭pcwares

cheers chalk it being bonkers for the whole day! My toshiba laptop cant take much more. - i must get back onto that thread about the mobile 3200 - Mite check out zone alarm

:)

pcwares

Advertisement