Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV brutal speeds tonight

• 07-06-2005 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

Anyone else on UTV getting crap speeds and pings tonight? I'm on the 2Mb jobbie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I was very close to these figures earlier this evening - is worse now - 207 down
    105 up. You in Limerick by any chance?

Check out this thread...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2872568#post2872568

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Same here (in Dublin) 282 kbit on UTV's own speedtest :rolleyes:

I knew Carl should not have been allowed take any holidays! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I'm in Meath.

Kathy, would you mind opening another thread please for your comments.

In this case the problem is not confined to UTV and the thread is about broadband speeds.

It seems that all you have to do is put UTV in the thread title and, boom, off it goes on the UTV bashing tangent. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just got 827 kbit on 1 mb line in Waterford.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kathy_BBBA

Sorry Valentia, I got carried away. It is good to read the experiences of people already on broadband helps people to know what they can expect from the different services. I deleted my rant :)

Thanks

Kathy

• Advertisement

Thanks Kathy.

Fair play. :)

Same again tonight only worse. Hardly reaching ISDN speeds. T'was fine at lunchtime.

Anyone else suffering?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Eye

yeah, i'm just here at my girlfriends place and she has the iolbb+ 2mb line and barely above isdn getting 150kbps on the speed tests and i'm on the carrick-on-suir exchange in south tipp, must check my own line when i go home in a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Grand here on 1mb utv in Douglas, Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Valentia wrote:
    Same again tonight only worse. Hardly reaching ISDN speeds. T'was fine at lunchtime.

Anyone else suffering?
    It's been like this for me for the past 2 months. Between the hours of ~4pm til 1am (sometimes later) download speeds are terrible and ping times are atrocious. Given up complaining at this stage, only a month left on my contract anyway, I'll suffer til then. Then I'll gratefully cancel BB and Phonecalls because, for me, UTV are gone beyond a joke at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I was down to about half speed for a while tonight (4-500 or so) and pings were haging around 200. It settled down a while ago though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

dub45 wrote:
    Same here (in Dublin) 282 kbit on UTV's own speedtest :rolleyes:

I knew Carl should not have been allowed take any holidays! :eek:

where would this test be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭pablo321

last night I was getting v.bad pings on ET servers, best ping was 130+, usually i get 30+

But my connection said 1MB as always...

Pablo

But my connection said 1MB as always..

Your router will say that but it may not reflect the real speeds you are getting. You will need to do a speed test to confirm your real speeds. Try here.

It seems that ESat/BT and UTV are suffering but not all users. Dublin, Meath, Louth and Galway have been mentioned in dispatches.

Seems very similat to the situation last june/july when UTV & ESat ran out of bandwidth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

I'm sick of these fu*ck balls. 240kbps on UTV 2mb line!!! Lets start a mass exodus, the courts won't do squat if there's 50-100+ of us all leaving for the same reasons.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'm getting 386 at the moment...also a 2meg line

mp3guy wrote:
    where would this test be?

It be
    here.

Has anybody had any luck resolving their speed issues? I'm now getting 700kb dl speed constant. I should be 1.7mb download constant for the 2mb package. I've been told by UTV "support" that i have to send in screen shots as proof and they will then forward them on to Eircom.....they might as well have just told me to f*ck off. As if Eircom are going to do anything about it :mad:

Gegerty wrote:
    Has anybody had any luck resolving their speed issues? I'm now getting 700kb dl speed constant. I should be 1.7mb download constant for the 2mb package. I've been told by UTV "support" that i have to send in screen shots as proof and they will then forward them on to Eircom.....they might as well have just told me to f*ck off. As if Eircom are going to do anything about it :mad:

Have you ever got the 1.7mb at all? Have UTV confirmed that you are on Clicksilver plus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

my speed has been pants for the last little while but i just did the utv test and i'm getting 1.6-1.7 at the moment

• Advertisement

dub45 wrote:
    Have you ever got the 1.7mb at all? Have UTV confirmed that you are on Clicksilver plus?

Yeah i used to get 1.7mb up until about a week or so ago. They confirmed I'm still on the clicksilver plus package and couldn't see anything wrong so started pointing the finger at eircom. I've 1 more month to go before I can switch to my only other option BT so maybe I'll just live with it. By the sounds of it they're just as bad though :(

Gegerty wrote:
    Yeah i used to get 1.7mb up until about a week or so ago. They confirmed I'm still on the clicksilver plus package and couldn't see anything wrong so started pointing the finger at eircom. I've 1 more month to go before I can switch to my only other option BT so maybe I'll just live with it. By the sounds of it they're just as bad though :(

There probably is no reason to point the finger at Eircom. UTV have close connections with Esat and certainly both Esat and UTV customers had very similar problems over a few days recently so maybe that has contributed to your problem?

BT's accounts department terrifies me!!!

I'm back up to 1.7mb now yippe :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

dub45 wrote:

BT's accounts department terrifies me!!!

Are they still bad ? I used deal with them at work and every month it was the same old thing - invoiced for 2 monts. We'd pay for one and tell them that we had already paid the last month and it went on and on for over 4 years until we changed provider.

I'm back down to 700kb again ARRGGGGHHHH :mad: These guys are taking the piss!!

It's flying here. Faster than ever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

LOL it looks a bit like my IBB :rolleyes:

Advertisement