Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anne Bancroft dies..

• 07-06-2005 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actress Anne Bancroft, best known for portraying the seductive Mrs. Robinson in the 1967 film "The Graduate," has died in New York of uterine cancer, a representative for her husband, Mel Brooks, said on Tuesday. She was 73.

Brooks' spokeswoman said the actress died on Monday evening at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York.
    Quite sad... :(

Although to be honest, i haven't seen many of her performances!

But i always thought she (along with Dustin Hoffman) was fantastic in 'The Graduate'.

Also, i didn't realise her husband was Mel Brooks. They'd be together 41 years this August!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Here's to you Mrs. Robinson...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Heaven holds a place for those who pray...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

My friend told me about this about 5 mins. before I went into my English exam and I was like, "Ya big ******! Don't tell me that before I go into an exam! Now I'm gonna be depressed!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I always though she had a touch of class. From that generation - Audrey Hepburn/Fonda/Minelli (before she went a bit mad) etc which came to prominence in the late fifties/sixties. She could do drama and comedy equally well.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement