Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmleigh Exchange - CollegeFort/CollegeWood D15

• 07-06-2005 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Anyone else living in Collegefort/Collegewood in Castleknock looking to get Boradband? Just moved into the area and found that the local exchange (Farmleigh) is not Broadband enabled and Eircom have no intention of making it so in the near future. NTL have no set rollout plan (the usual NTL "Competition" spiel) to bring broadband to the estate/area......I'm not holding my breath!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Its probably a micro exchange , 200 lines or less. It could be years .

• Registered Users Posts: 43 goldfish

Yup that's the impression I got from Eircom. The customer service person had only come across it once before a long time ago. Don't suppose anyone else has any other bright ideas for BB. It looks like wireless (Leap etc..) is a non runner as dishes are not allowed on the buildings! I reckon it's a conspiracy. What gets me is that developers build new estates (this is only 18 months old) and don't factor BB into the equation. I personally think it would be a good selling point for new developments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

IBB can get to some houses in the area, In live in Carpenterstown and 1 have a 2mb up/down. Breeze

If your realy desperate Ripwave is available too !

Advertisement