Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holdembots

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

NickyOD wrote:
    Does no one other that me on this foum love limit holdem?

I detest limit holdem. Its the pits.
    This is a typical hand
    raise-call
    raise-re-raise-call
    raise-re-raise-call
    raise-call
    Player A wins with high card K

Thers has been a couple of times i accidentally entered into a limit tournament and i feel i want to either win or lose as quick as possible because i hate it so much. I would rather watch RTE's awful 'winning streak'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I detest limit holdem. Its the pits.
    This is a typical hand
    raise-call
    raise-re-raise-call
    raise-re-raise-call
    raise-call
    Player A wins with high card K

Thers has been a couple of times i accidentally entered into a limit tournament and i feel i want to either win or lose as quick as possible because i hate it so much. I would rather watch RTE's awful 'winning streak'.

Hmm, that may be the case for the first couple of levels .... after that in a tourney the longer it goes on, the more like NL it becomes.
    I think it's a different game and receives 'bad press' ... a bit like the snooker/pool .... chess/drafts debate.

I read somewhere ... "Limit is the science of poker, whilst NL is the art...... not a bad way of summing it up."

Advertisement