Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloc Party 7th November @ Olympia

• 08-06-2005 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Yes, the excellent Bloc Party in the horrible horrible olympia!

From the MCD newsletter
    MCD proudly present

BLOC PARTY
    Plus special guests

7th November 2005 Olympia Theatre, Dublin

Tickets : 22.50 inc booking fee.

Doors: 7.30pm

Over 18's . ID Essential
    I'll still go tho! Nice ticket price! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

whatcha talking about, the olympia's lovely. One of my favourite venues in fact.

Could be worth attending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

The tiny pit and the horrible securit with their no camera poslicy, fix that and it's a lovely venue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Sweet news anyway.. but the Olympia is horrible? It's easily one of the best venues in the country.. where would you rather they played the ambassador or the village? both of which are dire atmosphere & sound-wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

22.50 - thats a good price for such a great band, and the olympia is a good venue in my opinion, I went to see yngwie malmsteen there a couple of weeks ago and took loads of photos

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I can't stand the olypmia. I've always found the sound really bad in there. Far too much bass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Serotonin

I think the olympia is a great venue but I can' say the same for bloc party!

Kali wrote:
    where would you rather they played the ambassador or the village?
    No, Vicar St :D
    dregin wrote:
    I can't stand the olypmia. I've always found the sound really bad in there. Far too much bass.
    Oh yes, I seen Beck there and the bass was insane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

any idea when these go on sale?

They go on sale Sat 11/06/05, 09:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

i love that slope in the olympia, they should have that in every venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

So anybody gettin tickets for this today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Yup, I picked up four, I was sure it would sell out, but It doesnt seem to be very well advertised apart from ticketmaster.ie, Ive rang a few mates who are fans and they didnt even know..... wierd. should be a great gig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I wouldn't be bothered with Bloc Party, well not in Dublin anyway but I think the Olympia is a great venue.

Saw them in whelans, will go here too. But to all Olympia haters!!! YOU'RE ALL WRONG!!!!!!!! Its superb! Beck was amazing. I was standing bang in the centre and the sound was great :) When I saw the prodigy there. It was insanely good! Could you imagine the prodigy in vicar st? it would suck balls :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

What you meant to say was - "Can you imagine listening to the prodigy for an hour and a half? it would suck balls".

The prodigy in the Olympia was just amazing, the venue is great, especially the sloping floor, my girlfriend is tiny and find's it tough to see the band in most venue's. I liked Vicar St, but the Olympia is a much better venue, I cant wait for November!

Sean.

Anyone know the availability of tickets? I won't be able to get a ticket for a few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

saw them in whelans in jan. only bad thing was half the crowd didnt really know who they were it seemed. Their album had not been released. I had it downloaded so I loved every minute of it.. Opening with the marshalls are dead. a fantastic song.

Yeah, Whelans was a great gig! I had the album then too and it was real funny when they had some people singing back to them even tho it wasn't released yet!

Here's my pics of the gig
    http://minds.may.ie/~rivers/pics/blocparty/

Great Pictures! Im looking forward to seeing them at Oxegen but I think they would be much better in a smaller setting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Just wanna say the olympia really is a lovely venue,but the way they gave out pit bands for jimmy eat world was so unfair...I almost didn't get one :eek: .The security gaurds can be kinda mean too they're so over controlling.Meh what can ya do about it?

Advertisement