Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3Ireland ad.

• 08-06-2005 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Does anyone know the name of the song from the 3Ireland ad.? It's the one with the singing cherry and in the end the girl eats it.... it's not dirty....

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Chicago - If You Leave Me Now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭guest31

that's a really funny ad ... best I've seen in ages, it's just so weird!!
    What is 3Ireland ... a new network ? Anyone have an explanation for the ad .. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Its a 3g mobile network

3Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

guest31 wrote:
    Anyone have an explanation for the ad .. :D
    They like music.... so the ad tells us.

3 are well known for "far out" advertising and marketing.
    Just check their UK website to see what I mean.
    Heavily influenced by modern Japanese culture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

guest31 wrote:
    that's a really funny ad ... best I've seen in ages, it's just so weird!!
    What is 3Ireland ... a new network ? Anyone have an explanation for the ad .. :D

maybe this ad is to tell people not to be afraid of change as there network is different
    the first girl sees the singin cheery and gets scared ****less and runs off the other girl sees it laughs them eats it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

It is a top notch ad alright.
    my favorite at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

Yes - hilarious, esp the almost disgusted scream of the girl :D

Are they a global company based in Japan or is it just a theme they play on?

Heavily influenced by modern Japanese culture

Hong Kong based, and more influenced by Hong Kong/Chinese culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Harry Corry

I have to disagree folks. I really do think the ad is atrocious. These nulti national corporates need to realise that we'll not swallow the same drivel as our international rivals.

Before you know it we'll have poor quality chocolate ads where kids lips move and then clearly spoken (dubbed) english words come out. Oh - wait a minute .... we have those already, Bueno anyone?

All the money they have and they re-hash a Japanese ad with some kid screaming!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

It reminded me of the simpsons episode when homer was "Mr.Plow". Remember his 2nd add he put on tv, it made no sense at all and at the end of the add it had a big sign saying "Mr.Plow"... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

The 3 ads are so funny. I love the one where the little animal things accidently get killed by the sun and then the sun is sad. So simple but hilarious.

I have to disagree folks. I really do think the ad is atrocious. These nulti national corporates need to realise that we'll not swallow the same drivel as our international rivals.

Before you know it we'll have poor quality chocolate ads where kids lips move and then clearly spoken (dubbed) english words come out. Oh - wait a minute .... we have those already, Bueno anyone?

All the money they have and they re-hash a Japanese ad with some kid screaming!!

Oh my god! please go home!!!! Its an add, its funny! its not about multi national corporation destroying the creative mind of individuals in different countries. Its just an add, advertising a new mobile network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I thought this ad was wierd and stupid, not funny at all.

A singing cherry, quite strange and pointless.

It's to raise awareness...seems to be working! Enough people are talking about it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Harry Corry

solice wrote:
    its not about multi national corporation destroying the creative mind of individuals in different countries.

Destroying the creative minds? Who said that? I didn't. Do you have something you'd like to get off your chest solice?

I was simply making the point that the 'stupid' ad was a rehash of the Asian / UK ad - with little thought or imagination give to the Irish marketplace.

It has, without doubt served it's purpose. But it's still a 'stupid' ad. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That ad has been on UK tv for the last 3 years .
    Its a terrible load of nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

What a load of tripe tbh....both song and ad.
    What's with the fascination for crappy 80's tunes in ads nowadays anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pickle104

Actually, if the Sunday Tribune a couple of weeks ago is anything to go by, the ad was commissioned for the UK. Also, if you'd get over the fact that it's foreign, you might see that it's actually quite quirky and funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭kdevitt

The ad is the UK finishes with the line - 'We love music', so I always thought the idea was that the girl loves music too and stops the cherry before it can sing any more Chicago... Presumed it was to do with their 3G services in the UK or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's an awful ad. The only thing I can think is that maybe it makes sense or is funny in China or whatever. Asian TV has a weird sense of humour.

As quite rightly pointed out though, whether is makes sense or not isn't that relevant. People are talking about it, which is the whole point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Bad ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I like it alot. But then I like things that are strange and pointless, it reminds me of my sex life.

At least this ad is fairly memorable. I really can't for the life of me remember a single O2 advert... are thay all just big bubbles in water?

The Vodaphone adverts generally just have people behaving like annoying prats with their mobile phones in their adverts.

Meteor manages to pull of a fairly witty advert every now and then.. except when they aren't ripping off some film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

simu wrote:
    Bad ad.
    Wicked, Tricksy, False!

For some reason that just reminded me of Gollum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I loved it. I did wonder what the recall factor would be, but most people here seem to be aware that its for 3.

I also loved the previous asian cowboys/strange jellyfish one but the latest 'milkmaid with big hands' just seems to have crossed the line over to 'zany' too much for my liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Ruffty^ wrote:
    It reminded me of the simpsons episode when homer was "Mr.Plow". Remember his 2nd add he put on tv, it made no sense at all and at the end of the add it had a big sign saying "Mr.Plow"... :D

I dont think anyone is going to remember that, because it never happened.

Homer has the perfectly normal ad, with grandpa simpson as old man winter.

its Barnie who has the crazy black and white artsy ad and at the end, it says Plough King.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Draupnir wrote:
    I dont think anyone is going to remember that, because it never happened.

Homer has the perfectly normal ad, with grandpa simpson as old man winter.

its Barnie who has the crazy black and white artsy ad and at the end, it says Plough King.

Shame on you, having a picture of Grampa simpson as your avatar.

Homer's first ad has the family outside the house and grampa as old man winter.

Barney's ad has him bashing a cutout of homer and then some singer (Linda Ronstadt) as a "special guest". Then they sing together.

So Homer then pays a big ad firm to make a fancy ad.
    There's some flowery voice over, and a snow globe is smashed, and then the remains are blown away, to reveal "Mr Plow"
    Bart says to Homer, "was that your ad?"
    Homer says "I don't know..."

Wondering is there a Simpsons/Family guy/Futurama board here? If there isnt, how come?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

blah wrote:
    Shame on you, having picture of Grampa simpson as your avatar.

Homer's first ad has the family outside the house and grampa as old man winter.

Barney's ad has him bashing a cutout of homer and then some singer (Linda Ronstadt) as a "special guest". Then they sing together.

So Homer then pays a big ad firm to make a fancy ad.
    There's some flowery voice over, and a snow globe is smashed, and then the remains are blown away, to reveal "Mr Plow"
    Bart says to Homer, "was that your ad?"
    Homer says "I don't know..."

I dont believe it, it makes me sad that I could be such a gob****e! I wouldnt mind, thats one of my favourite episodes ever. My apologies, it goes to show that you should take your time when posting rather than trying to be a smarthole. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

it's a great ad!, the best i've seen in a while, the little girls are so cute looking and funny! great concept 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

solice wrote:
    Wondering is there a Simpsons/Family guy/Futurama board here? If there isnt, how come?
    Prime time cartoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

bring back ren & stimpy!!! :D

Advertisement