Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

IE Runtime Error! - iexplorer.exe and suspect eircom based IP attacks

• 08-06-2005 1:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

did a bit of checking and so far i can find info telling me that its to do with the amount of users connection to the internet!! Im on stand alone.

Also is anymore getting ip attacks and when you do a whois it eircom network ip people. Whois returns there email addresses and names.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭pcwares

I did a netstat - it showed 4 active connections to my proxy ip address in venezula. I tried doing this to cut down attacks.

4 connection active in netstat is normal i think. It justs pings 4 times to check if i remember my mcp days...boy its been a while.

Did a ipconfig all and this is something i probably need to research more:

ppp iol connection showing my real ip address and 3 different tunnelling psuedo-interfaces...whoa

pcwares in the mire. I forgot i like this stuff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

pcwares wrote:

ppp iol connection showing my real ip address and 3 different tunnelling psuedo-interfaces...whoa

so whats the problem

tunnelling psuedo-interfaces
    IPv6

right click My Network Places, properties, Local Area Connection, properties, look for IPv6 protocol or something similar.

A typical list would look like:
    client for ms networks
    file and print sharing for ms networks
    qos packet scheduler
    Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

Do you see the "Microsoft TCP/IP Version 6"
    if so you can remove it.
    pcwares wrote:
    IE Runtime Error! - iexplorer.exe and suspect eircom based IP attacks

Use firefox or opera a decent browser

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You do have a firewall don't you ?

You can also use routing to block replies form your machine to other ones. If you blocked off Eircom Address then no one from there would see you and you wouldn't see any websites on that range. Not a good idea if you are using Eircom as an ISP ;)

Top level routes.
    http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space - list of IPv4 addresses
    http://www.iana.org/ipaddress/ip-addresses.htm

Advertisement