Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pub before Slayer?!

• 08-06-2005 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Okay guys - there's a couple of days to go before Slayer on Monday and I'm sure everyone's booked the day off from work (I know I have! :-D ) Whoever's headin to the gig - fancy drinkin all day?...Slayer fans unite...let's try organize somethin!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I usually go into the Outback on Parnell St. before gigs in the Ambassador. Nice food and beer... And staff... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I have the day off but I have to get home from Germany - not even sure that I'll be in a fit state to see them. But anyways - I never book the day of the gig off - I always book the day after. Way more useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

By the time I get out of work and into town the only place I'll be going beforehand is Iskanders :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I never book the day of the gig off - I always book the day after.
    Same here, coz my body is broken if we're talking about a gig like Slayer. Not to mention the hangover.

It would be nice to take the gig day off as well, but that won't happen :(
    So it'll be the usual - hurry home, get rid of the work clothes, slam a beer and eat a slice of pizza while running to the gig :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

and then there is me, I have booked no time off, but am going to gig after work - heading to fibbers at 5:30 - to start boozing and then mozy over to the gig around 8ish :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

*Sigh* I wish yuo all well lads. I'm quite pissed off about having to sell my ticket. :(

How come you can't go now? You were even pimping the gig in your sig for the past 2 months or so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I'd love to be having a few beers before the gig but I'll have to drive up after work and there is no way I'm going to miss Mastodon. Almost want to see them more than Slayer!

Ancient1 wrote:
    How come you can't go now? You were even pimping the gig in your sig for the past 2 months or so :)

Yeah, somehow got myself roped into some course in Limerick at the time without realising it was on the same time as the Slayer gig. Go me... :( Yeah, before you say it, I realise I'm an idiot. So if anyone has a mate without a ticket, let them know there's one floating around. :(

before you say it, I realise I'm an idiot.

Ah no, sh1t happens man.

It would have been a lot worse if you couldn't come to the gig just because of some intricate diplomacy required for male-female relations :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Pinhead

0utshined wrote:
    no way I'm going to miss Mastodon. Almost want to see them more than Slayer!

Snap! Slayer shows, as incredible as they are, border on predictable and boring. Mastodon are ****ing savage!

Ancient1 wrote:
    Ah no, sh1t happens man.

It would have been a lot worse if you couldn't come to the gig just because of some intricate diplomacy required for male-female relations :D

Ah well, there'd better be a next time damn it! I have to see them at some point! Would love to see them with Mastodon as well. It's a pity. And believe me, girlfriends and wild horses combined couldn't keep me away from Slayer. Limerick, on the other hand... :( Man this sucks. Have a great night though one and all. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten in anyway...

It sucks that you can't go dude but don't worry they tour a fair bit so no doubt they'll be back in a few years. This'll be my 5th or 6th time to se them and I'm not that old! :D

Yeah, at least by the time they come here again I'll be old enough to get in. :rolleyes:

Aye, it's a shame they're more particular about the age thing nowadays. Enjoy the course anyway.

Thanks, though most likely my mind will drift to the Slayage I'm missing out on... :(

Advertisement